Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Bad GMing here
On the other board someone suggested that with Iloka signing they should trade Barr and play Gedeon and Smith at linebacker.

I do not see how we can sign Barr and Waynes.  I expect he will want to get paid - who wouldn't? So it is more likely that Waynes will not be long for this team.  Hughes makes that even more likely.

I cannot fathom in any parallel universe a moment when Zim would agree to trading XR. I really cannot.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
im one of the trade XR posters and i dont think nececarily this year. but next year when we need to start choosing who we’re going to keep and whos got to go doesnt it make sense to deal older players worth maximum value?

id say griffen should be on that list as well 
while I dont like the idea,  i have floated in that past as well as a way to keep others under the cap.  We cant pay everybody and the guys that are still in their prime, but are nearing the later stages of it and are carrying large cap numbers should be the ones to see the chopping block before the younger, more affordable guys.  yes X is the best right now,  but how long will he be the best and at what price tag?

maybe the dead cap money wont make it make sense,  but these are the contracts that would give us the most cap relief without as much drop off as you are keeping an up and coming player, hopefully one that is on a cheaper contract.  fans wont like it,  but by selling these guys towards the end of their peak the return on investment is much better than waiting until they are just a name and you get nothing.

I am not saying Rhodes is ready to fall off in terms of production,  but remember it often happens fast and we all cringed when the team opted to pay out past high dollar guys like Allen and AD instead of moving them while they still had a bit of worth.

and CB seems to be an area of depth currently where we could maybe afford to take a talent loss.

what happened the to the thread this discussion was occurring in?

I think its been In several threads this summer concerning the cap.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
im one of the trade XR posters and i dont think nececarily this year. but next year when we need to start choosing who we’re going to keep and whos got to go doesnt it make sense to deal older players worth maximum value?

id say griffen should be on that list as well 
while I dont like the idea,  i have floated in that past as well as a way to keep others under the cap.  We cant pay everybody and the guys that are still in their prime, but are nearing the later stages of it and are carrying large cap numbers should be the ones to see the chopping block before the younger, more affordable guys.  yes X is the best right now,  but how long will he be the best and at what price tag?

maybe the dead cap money wont make it make sense,  but these are the contracts that would give us the most cap relief without as much drop off as you are keeping an up and coming player, hopefully one that is on a cheaper contract.  fans wont like it,  but by selling these guys towards the end of their peak the return on investment is much better than waiting until they are just a name and you get nothing.

I am not saying Rhodes is ready to fall off in terms of production,  but remember it often happens fast and we all cringed when the team opted to pay out past high dollar guys like Allen and AD instead of moving them while they still had a bit of worth.

and CB seems to be an area of depth currently where we could maybe afford to take a talent loss.
thank you for typing it all out this is exactly how i feel. not saying XR is ready to have the wheels fall off but his value couldnt really be higher right now. 

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
I cannot fathom in any parallel universe a moment when Zim would agree to trading XR. I really cannot.
honestly, everyone is tradeable for the right offer. a coach that wouldnt listen shouldnt be an nfl coach

We've spent many years looking for a shut down corner.  Now, we're gonna trade him away for picks that may or may not work out?  No way...

Seldom does a team improve by tradiong their best players...