Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any update on Elfein?
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"twgerber" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:
It's a trade secret.   At this pace he will be on PUP to start the season and come back after week 6.  Might be best move. Make sure he is fully healthy
if that is  the case we damn well better be making a serious move to address the interior OL situation.

what happened to the report that he was going to be returning to practice this week?
No clue what happened. Suspect it was speculation only.

Zimmer is what happened. Or at least that's probably what happened. Zimmer is a great coach, but you can't trust a word he says about injured players. I've learned there are certain things in life you need to know. You don't tug on Superman's cape; you don't spit into the wind; you don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger and you don't get the truth from Zim. 
i dont know that the report came from Zimmer.  i think it was one of those insider things that leaked on a message board or twitter or some such shit.

The Vikings were hoping he'd come off the PUP early this week. They're being overly cautious with him. He obviously won't play this preseason which likely puts his week 1 status in a bit of jeopardy. But I wouldn't sound the alarms that he may be going on the PUP list to begin the season. I'd fully expect him to be activated in the near future. 

I was pretty sanguine about the interior OL, and didn't really feel it was a big draft need, because I felt Isadora and Collins were improving, and between those two, Mike Remmers, Nick Easton, and Tom Compton, we were deep enough to solve 2 OG spots. I think we still are. But...I thought C was safe, with Elflein and Easton. It's a bit specialized and I don't know what the Vikings can do if Elflein doesn't recover before the season, other than grab someone off waivers.
However, C is a position that requires smarts, and if nothing else, "Cornelius Edison" sure has a name that sounds like he should be a genius. He's already one of the best Centers in Vikings history...Portland State Vikings, at least.
Making light a bit, but I don't see a savior via trade or waiver and we'll need to just roll with Edison until Elflein returns.