Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any update on Elfein?
I was under the impression he would be coming off the PUP List today but haven't heard anything.  Anybody have any insight as to when he might be activated?

Probably no one on this board Wink   Speculation is this week sometime.

Just signed a C...So, there's that...

Frustrating.

It's a trade secret.   At this pace he will be on PUP to start the season and come back after week 6.  Might be best move. Make sure he is fully healthy

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
It's a trade secret.   At this pace he will be on PUP to start the season and come back after week 6.  Might be best move. Make sure he is fully healthy
if that is  the case we damn well better be making a serious move to address the interior OL situation.

what happened to the report that he was going to be returning to practice this week?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:
if that is  the case we damn well better be making a serious move to address the interior OL situation.

what happened to the report that he was going to be returning to practice this week?
No clue what happened. Suspect it was speculation only.

I think Edison has been filling in well at Center.   So now that Remmers and Hill are back the bulk of the line has a  few weeks to work together.

Film review notes from Viking Territory:

And O’Neill was not the only lineman to have a great game.  Backup center Cornelius Edison was perhaps even more impressive in pass protection, and Danny Isidora (aside from one whiff that resulted in pressure) was very solid as well.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:

I think Edison has been filling in well at Center.   So now that Remmers and Hill are back the bulk of the line has a  few weeks to work together.

Film review notes from Viking Territory:

And O’Neill was not the only lineman to have a great game.  Backup center Cornelius Edison was perhaps even more impressive in pass protection, and Danny Isidora (aside from one whiff that resulted in pressure) was very solid as well.
Ive been plenty happy with Edison,  but lets be honest,  we are on the 3rd or 4th year of being injury bitten along that OL,  i dont remember ever having so many injuries in the front 5 for such a stretch.  I would like to know that we have at least 6 interior guys and 4 tackles to start the season.  flexibility aside we need to have some extra bodies,  but it all starts with 2 centers.

maybe Collins could play center?  its the only position I havent heard him linked to thus far.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:

Zimmer is what happened. Or at least that's probably what happened. Zimmer is a great coach, but you can't trust a word he says about injured players. I've learned there are certain things in life you need to know. You don't tug on Superman's cape; you don't spit into the wind; you don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger and you don't get the truth from Zim.