Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roc Thomas...
I think   rock  pushed  himself  to the  lead for  #3 back  but Boone and brown played well  we are gonna have to cut 2 good backs that should get a job somewhere

I think the OL injuries could have an impact on the amount of backs we carry. CJ Ham played a very good game, too. He had a key block on one of the big Murray runs. If they keep only 3 active (due to the need to keep more OL), he might have more value. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I think the OL injuries could have an impact on the amount of backs we carry. CJ Ham played a very good game, too. He had a key block on one of the big Murray runs. If they keep only 3 active (due to the need to keep more OL), he might have more value. 
With Cook coming off of an injury, I'd prefer to carry 4 backs on the 53-man roster. Ham can be a runner if needed, so they could get away with 3 plus Ham on game day. Injuries along the OL and their depth at receiver will make for some difficult decisions.

I kind of wonder if we may see them trade a receiver like Coley for a late round pick or OL help. He's a good player, but it will be hard for him to get snaps and there are some other candidates for the 5th/6th receiver spot. Will also depend on DeFilippo's scheme and how much he wants to spread the field.

Getting back on topic, I liked what I saw from Roc Thomas yesterday. Good runner, scored two TDs in the passing game, and he's got a second gear. He also made a good pick up in pass protection. Seems like a guy you could pair with Murray if they ease Cook back into things. With Boone, I know that he's supposed to be comparable to McKinnon athletically, but he looked like just a guy this game. However, it's a small sample size for both players and they have three more games to make their case. I'm favoring Thomas at this point, but Boone still has a chance to make an impression.