Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roc Thomas...
He made a strong bid for the RB3 spot on the roster last night.  He looked pretty nifty running the ball and showed good hands and RAC in the passing game.

The early word is the team likes this kid very much for #3. We'll see. 

Bercich mentioned a couple of times that Mike Boone was a camp favorite as well, almost to the point that I got the feeling that he had the inside track on the job. But Roc Thomas had a nice night. Mack Brown really didn't get much of a chance to show anything.

RB3 is one of the better spots to watch this pre-season. 

Had a pretty decent block in pass pro too. 

It will be interesting to see how this battle shakes out.  Like PG mentioned, Zimmer told the media that Boone impressed him the most in OTAs.

Now that they have pads on, you get a better feel for how they play.  Thomas looks like he just glides around out there.  Boone has a bit different style.  More aggressive and violent.

Big defensive breakdown on his big play, but he showed a nice xtra gear and did what he was supposed to do

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
Bercich mentioned a couple of times that Mike Boone was a camp favorite as well, almost to the point that I got the feeling that he had the inside track on the job. But Roc Thomas had a nice night. Mack Brown really didn't get much of a chance to show anything.
He hyped up WR Jake Wieneke as well.

I've been off my game this offseason; i'm not up to my usual speed with players and names for this time of the year. I used Pete's pregame commentary to sound like an expert to my gameday crew - said "watch Boone and Weineke, they've been doing good in camp!" ... After Roc Thomas scored the TD a buddy said to me, "I don't know about Boone I think it's just the hair man."  ... lol, thanks Pete!  :p 

You Roc, Roc Thomas!

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
Big defensive breakdown on his big play, but he showed a nice xtra gear and did what he was supposed to do
Set up by an excellent block by A. Collins from the LT position.  A well designed screen and blocked very well.