Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait what? Just don't touch certain qbs I guess
I guarantee you that this rule will not apply to any Minnesota Vikings QB. Book it.

I guess since Brady got a rule, Rodgers is butt hurt and trying to get one for himself. 

Ok...  I'm rewatching the Barr hit and I'm failing to see where Rodgers is "set up" to throw.  He's rolling out and throws while he's on the run...

[Image: 3zzyze4inmnd.gif]

He never stops and sets his feet to throw so he shouldn't be defenseless per Morelli's explanation above.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Ok...  I'm rewatching the Barr hit and I'm failing to see where Rodgers is "set up" to throw.  He's rolling out and throws while he's on the run...

Not exactly dropping his full weight on him either.  Confused

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:

That is football. If a QB can run around and burn teams making plays with his legs, then he has to pay the price on a play like this. Awesome!

He's throwing on the run.
No way that's a penalty.  he's not "setting up"
(If he HAD set up, he'd be in a goddamn wheelchair drinking grape crush from an IV the rest of his life)

once youre out out of the pocket you have to treat the QB as a runner.

It was a good "no call" then, and no way should the rules be changed to reflect that pussy Rogers. You put on the pads, and it's war dumbass.

This was NOT Charles Martin hit on Jim McMahon in 1986.
lets make that perfectly clear.

Hate the F'king Packers

It's all over local talk radio right now...  I still don't know how the Barr hit is a penalty now.

The only thing in the new rule and interpretations I've read is maybe one could argue he put "all or most of his weight" on top of the QB when he took him down.  But that's debatable IMO.

Somewhere Aaron Rodgers and Ryan Braun probably high fived and yelled VINDICATED.  Douches.

Rodgers reminds me of a kid on the playground who gets pissed and pitches a fit when the rest of the kids on the playground don't let him win. Next I expect him to demand a rule where QBs cannot be tackled at all...except he'd make the rest of the league exempt from that rule.

I would love to see a referee debate at what point tey determined e was setting up for a throw---all I see is a POS rolling out and throwing at the las tsecond no stopping or setting up.