Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess we'll see huh?
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
1st thing. I never knew about any "off field" issues. His lack of on field time was my issue. 2nd HOLY .... $9.6 million guaranteed!!! Yeah I would be walking around in a better place with a new sense of confidence and ease. Honestly I find it hard to believe he will get enough plays to earn half that. This will likely be his last year here. Funny we spent a high pick on a position of need. Only to find out it wasn't.  Maybe funny is not the right word.
Funny how it worked out.  our WR room was seriously lacking talent.  The last two 1st round picks haven't lived up to the billing, but suddenly we hit on a 5th rounder and a walk on tryout guy.  Now those 2 are maybe the top duo in the league, or at least in the conversation.

As to Treadwell, hard to speculate what he is referring to as off-field issues.  Maybe his advisors, personal trainers, financial guys?  Some kind of alludes to that.  But the "chicago guy" makes me thing his posse of hanger-oners that were distracting him.

Yeah we've missed on our share of high WR draft picks. When they took him I wasn't all that excited. I didn't see a game changer. Knew he wasn't going to be a burner. Hoped he would be a hands guy who is tough and fights for the ball and yards after. In line with a Keyshawn Johnson type. Tread just never learn how to be where you're supposed to be at the time you're supposed to. Now I don't see where he fits into our plans at those $$ with the gems we found. Hope they get something out of him this year. Just don't see who hes going to get playing time from. Barring injury of course.
I don't get into much of the draft stuff so I don't have the preconcieved notion about him.  But I think he fits well with our other 2 starters.  He is the big body to compliment their speed and route running.  If he can be a big redzone threat, he will be worth it.
From the training camp clips, it looks like that is how he can best prove his worth. He's not going to outrun anyone and it's impossible to tell if he's yet learned how to separate, but he's a big body who positions himself well and catches the ball well. Always has. Could be a situation where his light comes on right when he's paired with a QB who spreads the ball around a little better. 
Tread has been getting open, a QB that recognizes that single coverage on a big body receiver with body position is NFL open will get plenty of production out of Treadwell.  half of CCs catches were thrown into these exact situations.  Keenum wasnt comfortable throwing the ball on timing or into areas of coverage,  he did a good job of buying time until coverage would break down,  but he left a lot of plays on the field last year.  I am hoping the capn Kirk shows more anticipatory comfort as well as confidence in both his arm and his receivers and will open the passing game up much more which will lead to even bigger things out of the Cook and Murray.  I am really excited to see what our 3wr, 1 TE, 1HB,  offense can do this year with Kirk spreading the ball around.  I dont care if nobody goes for over 1000 yards receiving if we end up with 6 guys going for 750  B)

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
1st thing. I never knew about any "off field" issues. His lack of on field time was my issue. 2nd HOLY .... $9.6 million guaranteed!!! Yeah I would be walking around in a better place with a new sense of confidence and ease. Honestly I find it hard to believe he will get enough plays to earn half that. This will likely be his last year here. Funny we spent a high pick on a position of need. Only to find out it wasn't.  Maybe funny is not the right word.
Funny how it worked out.  our WR room was seriously lacking talent.  The last two 1st round picks haven't lived up to the billing, but suddenly we hit on a 5th rounder and a walk on tryout guy.  Now those 2 are maybe the top duo in the league, or at least in the conversation.

As to Treadwell, hard to speculate what he is referring to as off-field issues.  Maybe his advisors, personal trainers, financial guys?  Some kind of alludes to that.  But the "chicago guy" makes me thing his posse of hanger-oners that were distracting him.

Yeah we've missed on our share of high WR draft picks. When they took him I wasn't all that excited. I didn't see a game changer. Knew he wasn't going to be a burner. Hoped he would be a hands guy who is tough and fights for the ball and yards after. In line with a Keyshawn Johnson type. Tread just never learn how to be where you're supposed to be at the time you're supposed to. Now I don't see where he fits into our plans at those $$ with the gems we found. Hope they get something out of him this year. Just don't see who hes going to get playing time from. Barring injury of course.
I don't get into much of the draft stuff so I don't have the preconcieved notion about him.  But I think he fits well with our other 2 starters.  He is the big body to compliment their speed and route running.  If he can be a big redzone threat, he will be worth it.
From the training camp clips, it looks like that is how he can best prove his worth. He's not going to outrun anyone and it's impossible to tell if he's yet learned how to separate, but he's a big body who positions himself well and catches the ball well. Always has. Could be a situation where his light comes on right when he's paired with a QB who spreads the ball around a little better. 
hes a power forward type and to be effective he has to be good using his body to gain position and then make contested catches.  if he truly has figured out the playbook he will become an asset