Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess we'll see huh?
With ‘off-the-field issues’ in order, Vikings WR Laquon Treadwell feels ready to break out
https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/01/wi...break-out/

1st thing. I never knew about any "off field" issues. His lack of on field time was my issue. 2nd HOLY .... $9.6 million guaranteed!!! Yeah I would be walking around in a better place with a new sense of confidence and ease. Honestly I find it hard to believe he will get enough plays to earn half that. This will likely be his last year here. Funny we spent a high pick on a position of need. Only to find out it wasn't.  Maybe funny is not the right word.

So as far as WRs who were on the Vikings’ 53 the last few years, Thielen is by far the lowest paid this year. By far.  

*crossing fingers*...early returns have been very good...he looks a bit lighter...

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
1st thing. I never knew about any "off field" issues. His lack of on field time was my issue. 2nd HOLY .... $9.6 million guaranteed!!! Yeah I would be walking around in a better place with a new sense of confidence and ease. Honestly I find it hard to believe he will get enough plays to earn half that. This will likely be his last year here. Funny we spent a high pick on a position of need. Only to find out it wasn't.  Maybe funny is not the right word.
Funny how it worked out.  our WR room was seriously lacking talent.  The last two 1st round picks haven't lived up to the billing, but suddenly we hit on a 5th rounder and a walk on tryout guy.  Now those 2 are maybe the top duo in the league, or at least in the conversation.

As to Treadwell, hard to speculate what he is referring to as off-field issues.  Maybe his advisors, personal trainers, financial guys?  Some kind of alludes to that.  But the "chicago guy" makes me thing his posse of hanger-oners that were distracting him.

I think it's fairly common for these young men to bring childhood friends, relatives and others along for the ride when they become multi-millionaires literally over night.

How soon they wise up that their circle is really just moochers telling them what they think the kid wants to hear instead of giving honest, insightful advice is important. 

Remember, we were initially worried about Dalvin's posse but he seems to have already figured that out already. Not all of these kids mature at the same rate.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
Funny how it worked out.  our WR room was seriously lacking talent.  The last two 1st round picks haven't lived up to the billing, but suddenly we hit on a 5th rounder and a walk on tryout guy.  Now those 2 are maybe the top duo in the league, or at least in the conversation.

As to Treadwell, hard to speculate what he is referring to as off-field issues.  Maybe his advisors, personal trainers, financial guys?  Some kind of alludes to that.  But the "chicago guy" makes me thing his posse of hanger-oners that were distracting him.

Yeah we've missed on our share of high WR draft picks. When they took him I wasn't all that excited. I didn't see a game changer. Knew he wasn't going to be a burner. Hoped he would be a hands guy who is tough and fights for the ball and yards after. In line with a Keyshawn Johnson type. Tread just never learn how to be where you're supposed to be at the time you're supposed to. Now I don't see where he fits into our plans at those $$ with the gems we found. Hope they get something out of him this year. Just don't see who hes going to get playing time from. Barring injury of course.

@"greediron" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:

Yeah we've missed on our share of high WR draft picks. When they took him I wasn't all that excited. I didn't see a game changer. Knew he wasn't going to be a burner. Hoped he would be a hands guy who is tough and fights for the ball and yards after. In line with a Keyshawn Johnson type. Tread just never learn how to be where you're supposed to be at the time you're supposed to. Now I don't see where he fits into our plans at those $$ with the gems we found. Hope they get something out of him this year. Just don't see who hes going to get playing time from. Barring injury of course.
I don't get into much of the draft stuff so I don't have the preconcieved notion about him.  But I think he fits well with our other 2 starters.  He is the big body to compliment their speed and route running.  If he can be a big redzone threat, he will be worth it.

2nd HOLY .... $9.6 million guaranteed!!! Yeah I would be walking around in a better place with a new sense of confidence and ease. 
To be fair, that 9.6 mil is for the whole 4-year contract, not just this season.  Still, he'd better do a lot more than 20  %*%$#! catches as a 1st round pick in his 3rd year.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:

I don't get into much of the draft stuff so I don't have the preconcieved notion about him.  But I think he fits well with our other 2 starters.  He is the big body to compliment their speed and route running.  If he can be a big redzone threat, he will be worth it.
From the training camp clips, it looks like that is how he can best prove his worth. He's not going to outrun anyone and it's impossible to tell if he's yet learned how to separate, but he's a big body who positions himself well and catches the ball well. Always has. Could be a situation where his light comes on right when he's paired with a QB who spreads the ball around a little better.