Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes D-Line coach praises, Bower/Johnson/Weatherly
Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
Ugh I hate sushi. A sliver of raw fish wrapped around seaweed is not food. If It's a little chunk of raw fish it's bait to catch something nice to fillet and cook. 
Same. Seems like every week someone from work asks if I want to go out for Sushi. I'm from Montana. I was born on the banks of a blue ribbon trout stream. And I've cleaned way too many fish to stomach eating raw ones now. Ish.
I tell people... you see any oceans around here?    the the best sushi (so i've been told) is fresh sushi and living in the midwest if its fish and we can afford it... its either not sushi fish or its not fresh.   
but yeah... its bait wrapped in pond scum. :p

honestly i am sure if I ever got real good authentic sushi I would probably like it.  I am just not willing to try it in the midwest.
Yeah, always hated fish when I was in NoDak.  Then I got some real cold water pacific salmon.   I love good cold water fish. The stuff we ate in the midwest was not good.
cold water perch or walleye fillets are really hard to beat.  my favorite is halibut though.  I am not a real big salmon fan myself.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
Ugh I hate sushi. A sliver of raw fish wrapped around seaweed is not food. If It's a little chunk of raw fish it's bait to catch something nice to fillet and cook. 
Same. Seems like every week someone from work asks if I want to go out for Sushi. I'm from Montana. I was born on the banks of a blue ribbon trout stream. And I've cleaned way too many fish to stomach eating raw ones now. Ish.
I tell people... you see any oceans around here?    the the best sushi (so i've been told) is fresh sushi and living in the midwest if its fish and we can afford it... its either not sushi fish or its not fresh.   

honestly i am sure if I ever got real good authentic sushi I would probably like it.  I am just not willing to try it in the midwest.
Yeah, always hated fish when I was in NoDak.  Then I got some real cold water pacific salmon.   I love good cold water fish. The stuff we ate in the midwest was not good.
cold water perch or walleye fillets are really hard to beat.  my favorite is halibut though.  I am not a real big salmon fan myself.
never found any cold water in ND.  Wasn't into fishing much back then in the dry 80s. 

Love halibut.  But good salmon is hard to beat.   Just caught a couple of lake trout here in deep waters of north Idaho lakes. Grilled them up last night.  was a huge hit.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
@Jor-El said:
Weatherly and Bower are in a massive fight for roster spots with Odenigbo and Arunde,
Neither of those guys will get an active roster spot. Practice squad. Arunde is raw as sushi. 
Living in Kalispell Mt  I find  it  funny to hear also red people raving about the sushi they had around this   valley idiots I'll pass

Wait. You guys and gals didn't like the fish sticks we used to get at lunch in the cafeteria at school?  :p 

Talk about questionable fish.

I'm born and raised in Hawaii. Yup good sushi is fantastic! Gotta have it with some Sake and ice cold beer!

lol, grumpy ol' bastards and their hate of sushi! Love it. Its actually delicious, I'm a fan. We have 3 sushi places in walking distance of our house. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
lol, grumpy ol' bastards and their hate of sushi! Love it. Its actually delicious, I'm a fan. We have 3 sushi places in walking distance of our house. 
man you're so lucky. We moved to Virginia and I haven't had sushi in years. Sure I see it at the local markets and fill ups, actually picked it up a couple of times, but just couldn't actually buy it. Man I miss it so much! 

Have a couple of unagi and hamachi for me next time you go.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:

never found any cold water in ND.  Wasn't into fishing much back then in the dry 80s. 

Love halibut.  But good salmon is hard to beat.   Just caught a couple of lake trout here in deep waters of north Idaho lakes. Grilled them up last night.  was a huge hit.
Uhm....all the water in ND is as cold as it gets about 5 months out of the year....it was under those towns with no trees and little tiny houses.   =)

Quote: @grpape said:
@StickyBun said:
man you're so lucky. We moved to Virginia and I haven't had sushi in years. Sure I see it at the local markets and fill ups, actually picked it up a couple of times, but just couldn't actually buy it. Man I miss it so much! 

Have a couple of unagi and hamachi for me next time you go.
I never even had tried sushi 10 years ago, but when my wife finally broke thru after trying for years, I loved it. It doesn't taste fishy at all, it tastes clean and delicious. My wife eats sashimi mostly, she doesn't want the rice and loves Uni. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:

Same...  my wife and I have a local place that has GREAT sushi.  I'll surprise her every once in awhile and bring home two rolls of our favorites.  Love it!
BOOM

And for those that don't like sushi...  try the cooked kind first.  If you like it, branch out a bit.  If not, well...  more for me, StickyBun, and our women!
BOOM