Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes D-Line coach praises, Bower/Johnson/Weatherly
I think I saw it yesterday in a Sid Hartman column? Said that those 3 have significantly changed their bodies this offseason: much bigger and stronger. Mentioned they came to make an impact this season. Good to hear. 

Weatherly and Bower are in a massive fight for roster spots with Odenigbo and Arunde, so they better be extremely serious about their camp. I would be pretty surprised if more than 2 of those 4 make the final roster this year. (Jalyn Holmes could be a combo DT/DE, making it even tougher for them.) It would be awesome if even 1 of the 4 is good enough to be a significant part of the DL rotation.

Gonna need someone to step up as 4th DE.  Would love to see Bower as he is the physical freak type.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Weatherly and Bower are in a massive fight for roster spots with Odenigbo and Arunde,
Neither of those guys will get an active roster spot. Practice squad. Arunde is raw as sushi. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Jor-El said:
Weatherly and Bower are in a massive fight for roster spots with Odenigbo and Arunde,
Neither of those guys will get an active roster spot. Practice squad. Arunde is raw as sushi. 
Ugh I hate sushi. A sliver of raw fish wrapped around seaweed is not food. If It's a little chunk of raw fish it's bait to catch something nice to fillet and cook. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Jor-El said:
Odenigbo can make it with a team, but it likely won't be the Vikings.  His game is different, more the old style LDE.  Nothing wrong with that, but the Vikings seem to be moving away from it.
and I disagree on Aruna, he looks like Weatherly to me in the sense that the Vikings may not want to expose him on the PS even if he is not ready.  He could really throw a monkey wrench into the final roster decision.  He could be a replacement for Weatherly this year.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
@Jor-El said:
Ugh I hate sushi. A sliver of raw fish wrapped around seaweed is not food. If It's a little chunk of raw fish it's bait to catch something nice to fillet and cook. 
Same. Seems like every week someone from work asks if I want to go out for Sushi. I'm from Montana. I was born on the banks of a blue ribbon trout stream. And I've cleaned way too many fish to stomach eating raw ones now. Ish.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
@Jor-El said:
Same. Seems like every week someone from work asks if I want to go out for Sushi. I'm from Montana. I was born on the banks of a blue ribbon trout stream. And I've cleaned way too many fish to stomach eating raw ones now. Ish.
I tell people... you see any oceans around here?    the the best sushi (so i've been told) is fresh sushi and living in the midwest if its fish and we can afford it... its either not sushi fish or its not fresh.   
but yeah... its bait wrapped in pond scum. :p

honestly i am sure if I ever got real good authentic sushi I would probably like it.  I am just not willing to try it in the midwest.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
@Jor-El said:
I tell people... you see any oceans around here?    the the best sushi (so i've been told) is fresh sushi and living in the midwest if its fish and we can afford it... its either not sushi fish or its not fresh.   

honestly i am sure if I ever got real good authentic sushi I would probably like it.  I am just not willing to try it in the midwest.
I live 5 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. I also really like fresh fish. I can get daily caught at the marina.  Man harnessed fire for a reason is my motto about eating them. 
I've caught some nice spotted sea trout in the intercoastal channels. Salt water but still yummy.  What we don't get here and really miss is good walleye.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:

Yeah, always hated fish when I was in NoDak.  Then I got some real cold water pacific salmon.   I love good cold water fish. The stuff we ate in the midwest was not good.