Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings may be banking on a better conditioned Rashod Hill in 2018
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@twgerber said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
Vikings may be banking on a better conditioned Rashod Hill in 2018By cutting out late-night supermarket trips and filling dinners at his favorite restaurant, Rashod Hill dropped weight in an effort to be ready for the long haul with the Vikings.If spring practices are any indication, the Vikings are banking on Rashod Hill’s development in 2018.
Hill, the third-year undrafted tackle out of Southern Miss, says he did his part off the football field this offseason. By cutting out late-night trips to Cub and filling dinners at the downtown Capital Grille, Hill dropped 12 pounds in an effort to be ready for the long haul with the Vikings. He says he’s down to 313 pounds after playing at 325 last season.
“That’s a good thing,” Hill said last month during the Vikings’ minicamp to close the spring.
After Hill took nearly every rep as the starting right tackle during the spring, it’s possible he ends up there again Week 1 against the San Francisco 49ers.
Center Pat Elflein’s expected return for training camp this month gives the Vikings flexibility, freeing up Nick Easton to move back to guard and perhaps Mike Remmers back to right tackle. But whether Hill is the starter or the swing tackle (where he began last season), the Vikings want to make sure he’s ready to contribute immediately...
http://www.startribune.com/vikings-may-b...487758681/
what does Easton being back at LG have to do with Remmers kicking back out to RT?  Sure last year we ran out of Gs which required Remmers to jump inside,  but I sure as hell would hope that once they moved Remmers inside because its his more natural position and not because that somebody thought it would be "necessary" to start the year.
The had Isidora at LG.  He could move to RG with Easton back at LG in camp. That would kick Remmers back to RT.

i understand the thought process last year,  but that was out of need,  this is a new year and they said Remmers is a guard by design so to suggest him kicking back outside because our starting C and LG are back is ignorant or silly.
I am talking about OTA's this summer.   And the only way I can see Remmers back at RT is if someone else comes in to play RG. The only candidate is Isidora I think.

Remmers admitted himself that he prefers guard recently.  :o :o

Quote: @Kentis said:
Where/when did he say this?  Link?

I don't think Easton/Elflein coming back has anything to do with Remmers.  I think the left side of our line is set with Reiff, Easton, and Elflein.  I think Remmers should either be a RG or RT, I think it's highly likely that he ends up at RG unless Isadora or someone completely dominates camp.  I'd hope that if Easton or Elflein goes down this season, that they can trust Isadora with LG, rather than shuffling the whole line around.

I doubt the Vikings are "banking" on Hill panning out.  I think it's far more likely that they are banking on one of the handful of guys who are more potential than proven to step up.

Quote: @medaille said:
I don't think Easton/Elflein coming back has anything to do with Remmers.  I think the left side of our line is set with Reiff, Easton, and Elflein.  I think Remmers should either be a RG or RT, I think it's highly likely that he ends up at RG unless Isadora or someone completely dominates camp.  I'd hope that if Easton or Elflein goes down this season, that they can trust Isadora with LG, rather than shuffling the whole line around.

I doubt the Vikings are "banking" on Hill panning out.  I think it's far more likely that they are banking on one of the handful of guys who are more potential than proven to step up.
I think Hill is 100% their plan at RT as evidenced by him getting all the snaps through otas and mini camps with the 1s.  if they were at all concerned IMO they would be hedging and having somebody else get some reps, but we will know for sure in a few weeks.

Quote: @twgerber said:
@Kentis said:
Look carefully now...  Wink 

Mike Remmers says he is more comfortable on inside of O-Line

Following both his late-season run at guard and his offseason work at the position, Remmers told the Star Tribune that he finds he is more comfortable playing guard.
"I like the position a lot," Remmers said in a report by Ben Goessling of the Tribune. "(The Vikings' playoff games) helped build my confidence. The experience isn’t something you can really teach; you’ve just got to do it. It’s nice having that little bit of experience under my belt."

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Mike-Remmers-says-he-is-more-comfortable-on-inside-of-Offensive-Line-Minnesota-Vikings-119152993/

Progress made, but still some assembly required on Vikings offensive line
Now, after three games at the guard spots and much of the offseason to work there, Remmers said he feels more comfortable playing inside.
“I like the position a lot,” Remmers said. “[The playoff games] helped build my confidence. The experience isn’t something you can really teach; you’ve just got to do it. It’s nice having that little bit of experience under my belt.”
http://www.startribune.com/progress-made-but-still-some-assembly-required-on-vikings-offensive-line/485626882/

@twgerber said:
@Kentis said:

Following both his late-season run at guard and his offseason work at the position, Remmers told the Star Tribune that he finds he is more comfortable playing guard.
"I like the position a lot," Remmers said in a report by Ben Goessling of the Tribune. "(The Vikings' playoff games) helped build my confidence. The experience isn’t something you can really teach; you’ve just got to do it. It’s nice having that little bit of experience under my belt."

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Mike-Remmers-says-he-is-more-comfortable-on-inside-of-Offensive-Line-Minnesota-Vikings-119152993/

Now, after three games at the guard spots and much of the offseason to work there, Remmers said he feels more comfortable playing inside.
“I like the position a lot,” Remmers said. “[The playoff games] helped build my confidence. The experience isn’t something you can really teach; you’ve just got to do it. It’s nice having that little bit of experience under my belt.”
http://www.startribune.com/progress-made-but-still-some-assembly-required-on-vikings-offensive-line/485626882/

i read that as he wasnt comfortable playing G last year when he was called upon,  but with the work there he is more comfortable at the spot now.  not that he is more comfortable at G than at T,  but I can see how it could be read either way.

Quote:  @JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@twgerber said:
@Kentis said:

'Now, after three games at the guard spots and much of the offseason to work there, Remmers said he feels more comfortable playing inside.

i read that as he wasnt comfortable playing G last year when he was called upon,  but with the work there he is more comfortable at the spot now.  not that he is more comfortable at G than at T,  but I can see how it could be read either way.
Well this was the headline: 

Mike  Remmers says he is more comfortable on inside of O-Line 
 Wink  B)

@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@twgerber said:
@Kentis said:

'Now, after three games at the guard spots and much of the offseason to work there, Remmers said he feels more comfortable playing inside.

Wink  B)
more can still mean both...  Smile

he is now more comfortable than before OR he is more comfortable inside than at tackle.

@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@twgerber said:
@Kentis said:

Wink  B)
i can still read that 2 ways.  :p