Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Parry a Vike
Sounds  to me like a  young  guy  having to much to  drink and making a  horrible intoxicated  decision seen  worse

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Sounds like good competition for Jaleel Johnson behind Joseph. Started all 16 games for the Colts two years in a row before injuries and off-field tomfoolery started. 

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/594573093114236928

Lotta college highlights here. 
I would think Jaleel is behind Richardson.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Sounds like good competition for Jaleel Johnson behind Joseph. Started all 16 games for the Colts two years in a row before injuries and off-field tomfoolery started. 

That's what I thought before the draft, but our selection of 3T Jalyn Holmes, followed by Rick Spielman's comments, seems to suggest that JJ may figure more at nose tackle this year. I would think it's unlikely the Vikings would be able to keep both JJ and Parry (along with roster locks Linval, Richardson, and Holmes), so I sort of see it as a direct competition. What might give JJ an advantage is that, unlike the other DTs on the team who are decidedly either NTs or 3Ts, he can backup at both. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

That's what I thought before the draft, but our selection of 3T Jalyn Holmes, followed by Rick Spielman's comments, seems to suggest that JJ may figure more at nose tackle this year. I would think it's unlikely the Vikings would be able to keep both JJ and Parry (along with roster locks Linval, Richardson, and Holmes), so I sort of see it as a direct competition. What might give JJ an advantage is that, unlike the other DTs on the team who are decidedly either NTs or 3Ts, he can backup at both. 
Dunno.  I hope we have a true backup for Joseph.  Our D is anchored by him and at the position, I don't want a 3T trying to play NT.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:

He just made a bad mistake by drinking too much.  Not uncommon.

Stealing the golf cart taxi is uncommon though.  Smile

Still, he seems to be a very good kid who just got too drunk that night.
Dunno, I have done some stupid shit with golf cars while drinking. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Dunno.  I hope we have a true backup for Joseph.  Our D is anchored by him and at the position, I don't want a 3T trying to play NT.
It will be interesting to see what happens. He's kind of an anomaly in that he probably profiles more as a 3T, but is a much better run defender than pass rusher. I think that's why the Vikings started him out at nose in training camp. But then they moved him to 3T for the preseason game against Seattle and he exploded. His play against the run in that game was called "dominant."  

In either case, I think Zimmer will just enjoy the fact that he'll have plenty of good options for an inside rotation. 

Dave "Golf Cart" Parry just has a ring to it.  

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
I'm surprised we didn't wait until he was sentenced in a couple of weeks, just in case he gets a judge in a bad mood.

On February 25, 2017, Parry was arrested in Scottsdale, Arizona on suspicion of robbery, auto theft, criminal damage, resisting arrest and DUI charges. He was later charged with felony robbery, felony unlawful use of transportation and misdemeanor threats. On April 26, 2017, he pled guilty one count each of disorderly conduct and attempted unlawful means of transportation. Sentencing was set for May 31, 2017; he is expected to be sentenced to supervised probation.[
Uhm,  might want to check your calendar there bud.  somebody please tell me why we don't have a "Welcome To This Year"  emoji?   =)

I just got to know. How drunk you got to be to lose control of a gulf cart?  Carrera yes , Cushman not so easy to spin out.
[Image: z1eoi7keanvy.jpeg]

Guess they though JJ was not going to cut it at NT.