Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Still Looking To Improve D Line
Quote: @"Akvike" said:
With all these dire needs on D it's amazing we fielded the #1 D last year.

But I hear ya---I want more Dline help to rotate and free up LB's to swarm erin under repeatedly.
Well, we had Emmanuel Lamur as our top backup LB last season.  Proven veteran starter.  He's gone now...

It's fine having late round picks and UDFAs as your 5th and 6th LBs to play mainly special teams, but now those guys are next in line if one of our top 3 gets hurt.

Just saying, it's one of the only spots on the team that doesn't have a backup player who's actually started in an NFL game...

i agree with the back up problem at safety.

Don't forget this UDFA LB
Johnny Stanton
QB / TE / LB / LS 
UNLV Pro Day - March 26, 2018

6'2.3"
240lbs

Vertical - 37"

Broad Jump - 123"

Bench @ 225 - 31 Reps

Forty - 4.68
20yd
Pro Shuttle - 4.29

3 Cone Drill - 7.16

60yd Shuttle - 11.65

Worked Out @ QB + TE + LB + Longsnapper

Quote: @"kahsmick" said:
Don't forget this UDFA LB
Johnny Stanton
QB / TE / LB / LS 
UNLV Pro Day - March 26, 2018

6'2.3"
240lbs

Vertical - 37"

Broad Jump - 123"

Bench @ 225 - 31 Reps

Forty - 4.68
20yd
Pro Shuttle - 4.29

3 Cone Drill - 7.16

60yd Shuttle - 11.65

Worked Out @ QB + TE + LB + Longsnapper

Nice find. Had to Google that one. After trying out, the Vikings did appear to sign him to the training camp roster, but it sounds like they want him at FB. Definitely got some juice based on his pro day numbers. 

A linebacker no one is talking about is Devante Downs. A 7th rounder who's still recovering from an ACL, it would be foolish for anyone to think he's going to make the 53, but he's a big LB at 6-3, 250 and it sounds like he WAS the Cal defense before he tore his ACL. Ridiculous numbers in just 7 games. Named PAC12 player of the week twice in just 7 games. There was a buzz about him going on day two before the injury.