Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Still Looking To Improve D Line
It has been reported by NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero on Twitter that the Vikings are looking into the availability of free agent defensive tackle David Parry, and are actually visiting with the big man on Thursday, May 10, 2018.
https://thevikingage.com/2018/05/10/free...a-vikings/

I guess they were serious about taking on more players with "character flags".

How about the Oline? Please? 

If we only plan on using 2 linebackers and a AAA rotation behind them at the position, maybe stockpiling DT's will make their job easier?

Nothing wrong with Kendricks or Barr, but I think we have needed another able guy at that position for a long time.

more DL please, not OL.  We are maxxed on OL at this moment. 

reiff, remmers, easton, elf, hill, oneill are locks

compton is almost a sure lock

thats 7 right there

throw in the guys they are developing internally
Collins, Isodora

now we are at 9 before we delve into Andrews, Gossett, Norton, Lang

On the DL, we are not very deep at DT.  Parry could be a big body to spell Linval, with Johnson as the Richardson back up. Holmes may slide inside, but we dont know for sure. Parry would be welcome here

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
more DL please, not OL.  We are maxxed on OL at this moment. 

reiff, remmers, easton, elf, hill, oneill are locks

compton is almost a sure lock

thats 7 right there

throw in the guys they are developing internally
Collins, Isodora

now we are at 9 before we delve into Andrews, Gossett, Norton, Lang

On the DL, we are not very deep at DT.  Parry could be a big body to spell Linval, with Johnson as the Richardson back up. Holmes may slide inside, but we dont know for sure. Parry would be welcome here
Agreed.  We have plenty of bodies on the o-line.  Nobody we sign now is going to make a difference, doubtful they would make the team.

We have been thin at DT for years as Floyd's injury has really limited the talent there.  TJ was a good sub but forced to start for 2 years, he really wore down.  Behind him we had... A rook that needed seasoning.  And BRob. 

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
If we only plan on using 2 linebackers and a AAA rotation behind them at the position, maybe stockpiling DT's will make their job easier?

Nothing wrong with Kendricks or Barr, but I think we have needed another able guy at that position for a long time.
Looking at the Vikings roster right now...  I have to agree.  Out weakest positional group right now is at LB.

After Barr and Kendricks, we have Gedeon who was solid as a rookie, but he's a major step down from both of those guys if he needs to play more snaps.

I like Eric Wilson's upside, but he is a big unknown at this point.  Brothers looks like nothing but a special teams guy and he's suspended for the first 4 games.

We better hope Wilson is ready to play or Hercules is impressive enough to make the transition from college DL to NFL LB.

The Vikings are incredibly thin here...

Another position with little to no depth is Safety. Smith is a stud and Sendejo has improved to the point of being a pretty good Safety. But I have little confidence in Harris and none in Kearse. Newman can do it but he is usually needed at CB snd, you know, age. I’m hoping Hill or the kid from Auburn can help out. 

Kearse and Harris are very limited. One is really good on ST but can’t play a position. The other is just marginal at his position but does nothing on ST. Not sure we can afford that luxury anymore . . . Sherels.

I wonder why no team has shown much interest in Johnathan Hankins.

With all these dire needs on D it's amazing we fielded the #1 D last year.

But I hear ya---I want more Dline help to rotate and free up LB's to swarm erin under repeatedly.