Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Mike Hughes to the Vikings at #30
A first round pick is supposed to contribute immediately.  This guy won't.  Worst pick since Ponder. How do you pass on James Daniels (scheme fit on OL) and Josh Jackson (taller, faster, led nation in INT's) for a dime CB?  

If you're that desperate for a KR, take Daniels at 30 and keep the Hawkeye theme going and take Akrum Wadley in the 5th.

Where's that headbang emoticon when I really need it?

Walter Football (?) had us taking Hughes in their final mock. Gave him a mid to late first round grade. Here's Hughes' analysis they did, fwiw:

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018mhughes.php

Hmm.. went from UNC, to a junior college and then landed at UCF, the HARVARD of the South. No red flags there.

Had a few legal issues? Didn't he have an assault charge for beating a woman? 

Great pick. Can't wait to buy his jersey for my wife and daughter.

It didn’t take them long to make the selection, that’s fot sure

Quote: @RS Express said:
A first round pick is supposed to contribute immediately.  This guy won't.  Worst pick since Ponder. How do you pass on James Daniels (scheme fit on OL) and Josh Jackson (taller, faster, led nation in INT's) for a dime CB?  

If you're that desperate for a KR, take Daniels at 30 and keep the Hawkeye theme going and take Akrum Wadley in the 5th.

Where's that headbang emoticon when I really need it?
Totally agree, although I would respectfully include Patterson and Treadwell as PROVEN wasted 1st rd picks. Hughes has yet to prove his worthiness/ridicule at this point. I'm guessing that will come to fruition during the 2019 seaspn.

Quote: @njvike said:
Hmm.. went from UNC, to a junior college and then landed at UCF, the HARVARD of the South. No red flags there.

Admit it, you love the pick.  For the simple reason that you can add him to your signature

I love hearing the crowd reaction when the pick was made....

....crickets.....chirping......

Quote: @njvike said:

As freshman and nothing since.  He served his penalty.   They did their homework.  Give the kid a chance.

They ran to the podium on this one, it was over quick...

Look 4 db's at #1 in 6 years is crazy hard for me. But hell, we play Rogers, Stafford twice. The run on interior OL left the cupboard pretty bare. They must have thought Hernandez was not worth the pick over this guy. Mac and Tre contracts coming-up. 

If they get OL help today or tomorrow, this pick looks all the better. Especially when you factor in ST contributions that can be made. 

I'm warming up to this pick - a lot.