Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, snap! Gruden: We’re better at QB without Cousins
I think Smith is a pretty lateral move from Cousins.  Neither are elite QBs, but both are high functioning regular season QBs that still need good teams around them.  Cousins is more productive, but turns the ball over way more often.  I think it comes down more to the Redskins and Cousins relationship not working out than it does to upgrading our downgrading.

While it would have been fun for him to say, "The second biggest mistake I made was letting Kirk walk.  The first? Answering the phone when Snyder called.", that wasn't going to happen.  If you're a head coach and someone asks you if you're better off now at a certain position, even if the predecessor has retired you kinda have to say yes. 

1. The Redskins traded away a CB and a 3rd round pick for a QB 4 years older than Cousins.  They're in damage-control mode with their fans.

2.  The Skins treated Cousins like they'd be happier if he failed when he was still on the team.  Doug Williams, now a team VP, took a parting shot at Cousins right before FA started.

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
1. The Redskins traded away a CB and a 3rd round pick for a QB 4 years older than Cousins.  They're in damage-control mode with their fans.

2.  The Skins treated Cousins like they'd be happier if he failed when he was still on the team.  Doug Williams, now a team VP, took a parting shot at Cousins right before FA started.
Yea, it is a real shitshow in DC right now.  Snyder the owner is a dope, Williams is clueless and the team President has been calling Kirk - Kurt - all the years he has been there.  The Redskins are going to suck next year and the immediate future. For them to try and portray Smith as an upgrade is laughable.  Can't wait to see the results, it will be too predictable.  Between them and the rebuilding Giants for the cellar dwellers.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-the-door/

you really have to wonder why....

Quote: @"Poiple" said:
you really have to wonder why....
You mean why the Redskins are so dysfunctional?  Starts with the owner in Snyder and trickles right down to President, Willimas and the coach Gruden who is lucky to keep his job.  Shanahan was the guy who was brought in to groom RGIII and the late pick Cousins.  He came to realize that Cousins was the franchise QB and said told the Redskins brass on his way out but they didn't listen of course and butchered the situation with incompetence.  Shanahan wanted the 49'ers to wait for Cousins and sign him with the 49'ers but Lynch couldn't wait for the offseason and pulled the trade for Garrapolo....who has started 6 games and rec'd the highest QB contract before Cousins.   I'll take a proven 3 year Top 10 performing QB as my franchise guy over a guy who started 6 games last year.  

////////////over under 6 wins for  smith this year

[Image: 30722240.jpg]

What I find funny is that Jay Gruden and the Redskins front office are the only ones with negative things to say about Kirk...

Here's what Zimmer was told by Kirk's former offensive coordinators:

"He’s a very smart
kid. He’s very, very detailed. I talked to (former Redskins offensive
coordinators) Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan. These guys just rave about him.
So I don’t think the learning curve will be big. But it’s important for
us as coaches to do what he does best. You don’t pay a guy that much
money to put him in a square hole.

His former Head Coach, Mike Shanahan, loved him too...  he told Kirk early in his career that he thought he could have a Drew Brees-type career.

[Image: 114ka6c0r8im.jpg]  Every time I see Jay Gruden I'm somehow reminded of 
Robin Hood Men in Tights.