Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFLDG Mock Draft 1.0
I like it.  I definitely feel Zimmer is going to want a corner and get one early!

He gave in on the QB decision so he is going to get something in return.  Smile

Oliver is just the kind of corner he likes with very long arms and already a pretty good press corner.

Crosby is a great pick as is Pettis who the Vikings have interviewed.

Not sure about Aruna but I do agree he has the traits.

But the issue I see is that they have Bowers, Weatherly, and Odenigbo already as developmental ends.

Is Aruna going to push someone else out (Odenigbo was already on the PS last year)?

Really nice mock.

If I have one complaint/criticism is that you do not have enough trades.

You know that Spielman cannot help himself during drafts.

Trading picks is like crack for Spielman.

I think you need one more and probably 2 more trades.  Smile

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Great mock and really enjoyable to read!

I don't mind the idea of a DB at the top of the draft but would really prefer someone like Justin Reid: he could help in several places and replace Sendejo. Olivier is a good player but he is depth and insurance in case we lose Waynes in 2 years.

Very happy to see Tyrell Crosby. He blocks surprisingly well in space, a key for Vikings linemen.

A lot of good players are identified here, including Pettis, Adams, and Lindsay. I am a little concerned when we pick players with bad medical histories.

Re Jordan Akins - I see the desire to add a move TE. But Vikings have been trying to buy one on the cheap for the last few drafts: Mycole Pruitt, Bucky Hodges...I don't think they will find a good one unless they shop a bit higher in the draft. Maybe time to spend a 3rd rounder on that need? I have heard varying grades for Mark Andrews, from round 1 to 4, could he be available in the 3rd or is that just dreaming?
I definitely see TE being a consideration as early as round two. If one of Goedert/Hurst/Gesicki are sitting there in the second they'd have to consider it. The lack of finding a move TE the past few years definitely can be chalked up to the FO not allocating a substantial draft pick. Andrews is also a consideration but I think he'll go somewhere in the 3rd. It wouldn't be unreasonable for him to fall just because he's solely a receiver with no real blocking experience. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
CB has been brought up often as a potential high round pick, but I'm just not seeing it...it'll take at least two seasons before there is any payoff...I'm probably in the minority, but I'd take my chances with Waynes and Alexander going forward...I think a quicker payoff and bigger need is the OL...if you had gone Price and Crosby along with the other positions you went after, I'd be turgid...
I think the reason you look at CB now is somewhat two-fold. First, they need depth at the position. That doesn't warrant a top pick in itself. But when you consider Waynes will be on his 5th year option in 2019 and Mac will be in the final year of his rookie contract, are they going to pay two corners? The answer is probably not. So if that is the long-term play you need to start developing another player now. 

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
I like it.  I definitely feel Zimmer is going to want a corner and get one early!

Oliver is just the kind of corner he likes with very long arms and already a pretty good press corner.

But the issue I see is that they have Bowers, Weatherly, and Odenigbo already as developmental ends.

Is Aruna going to push someone else out (Odenigbo was already on the PS last year)?

Really nice mock.

Yes, there will probably be more trades. But its incredibly hard to mock with that many trades. The more trades you put into the mock, the more unrealistic your player rankings become. 

Doesn't Hurst have a serious heart condition?

Quote: @purpleloki said:
Doesn't Hurst have a serious heart condition?
He was flagged at the combine but passed all secondary exams. Its supposedly genetic. His father played in the league with the same condition for 5+ years without issue. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
CB has been brought up often as a potential high round pick, but I'm just not seeing it...it'll take at least two seasons before there is any payoff...I'm probably in the minority, but I'd take my chances with Waynes and Alexander going forward...I think a quicker payoff and bigger need is the OL...if you had gone Price and Crosby along with the other positions you went after, I'd be turgid...
I think the reason you look at CB now is somewhat two-fold. First, they need depth at the position. That doesn't warrant a top pick in itself. But when you consider Waynes will be on his 5th year option in 2019 and Mac will be in the final year of his rookie contract, are they going to pay two corners? The answer is probably not. So if that is the long-term play you need to start developing another player now. 
I definitely get your rationale, I'd just prefer to maximize our $84 million dollar investment...

Awesome job as always.  Thank you for taking the time to do this for us.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:

Really nice mock.

Yes, there will probably be more trades. But its incredibly hard to mock with that many trades. The more trades you put into the mock, the more unrealistic your player rankings become. 
Who do you see Aruna replacing?

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:

Really nice mock.

Who do you see Aruna replacing?
I didn't do a very good job of answering your question  :#

He'd be in a competition with Bower, Odenigbo, and Weatherly. Bower and Odenigbo have PS eligibility remaining.