Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worse Decision, Teddy Signing With The Jets Or The Jets Signing Teddy?
I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV, and I don't know whether TB is having a "Ricky Bobby" moment, but watching how uncomfortable he looked in that December game, he might be having a little PTSD.  He may have had some discomfort, stiffness, maybe even a little pain and it's given him some doubt on his health.  Hence the first contract offer that came along he took it.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
I don’t see how kicking the tires hurts the Jets at all, but I think it’s pretty telling that Teddy isn’t even saying that he will be able to participate in spring workouts.  It makes you realize how precarious our QB situation would have been if Case hadn’t stayed healthy all year.  We very well could have been down to plugging in Sloter.

Hopefully Zimmer’s starting QB/RB curse ends this year.
I am telling you, his management of that situation may have bordered on genius.  The media ate up the story that Teddy may supplant Case at any time.  Most of us, myself included, thought it was highly likely.

With that storyline, he protected Case from a cheap shot that would have crippled our team. 

It could be that there just were not too many offers for Teddy out there.  Doesn't sound like it to me.

Going to the Jets as a "Bridge" QB was not a bad decision at all.

They brought back McCown as well which is an insurance and wise move by them since no one has seen Teddy play yet.

Moving up to get a QBOTF is also a smart move.  That QB will not have to play next year unless everything goes wrong.

I think Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg (something about QBs with that first name to avoid, and Joe Stave are the ones that should be more worried.

Maybe they can trade Petty for a late pick?

The Eagles have shown that having multiple QBs could work in your favor.

Its going to be a very tough road back for Teddy. I think the odds are against him.

I actually wonder if Teddy really needed one more full year to be both mentally and physically prepared to rejoin the NFL.  It's not a knock on him, his knee blew the hell up.  It just seems like his determination to get back under center may have outweighed both his actual condition and his better judgement.

I wonder if a certain poster will have any more comments slamming the Vikings for what looks like an increasingly sound decision...?

Quote: @Zanary said:
I actually wonder if Teddy really needed one more full year to be both mentally and physically prepared to rejoin the NFL.  It's not a knock on him, his knee blew the hell up.  It just seems like his determination to get back under center may have outweighed both his actual condition and his better judgement.

I wonder if a certain poster will have any more comments slamming the Vikings for what looks like an increasingly sound decision...?
I think he needed more time but sometimes in the NFL that's not an option.
Viking could have been pushing him to come back for the backup.
We will probably never know the whole story.

I see zero risk for the Jets.  500k is nothing.  I agree that Teddy must be having a setback or something or he would have gotten the full $5M straight away, although maybe the Jet's wouldn't offer him that and he's just not going to risk getting injured in OTAs and he's just holding out or something.

Maybe he isn't saying much because it's smart. I mean it's New York media. He is better off just showing his stuff on the field. He went through a lot with the injury. And maybe it didn't go down as he planned with going to a new team. There is a whole lot of adjustment and change. It seems like a good approach to be guarded. The Jets have nothing to lose here. I don't think Teddy does either. 

Hmmm...

It took the Jets half a week to officially announce the deal. A lot of other Jets signings took/passed physicals and were announced in between.

Maybe something happened here towards the end of the season. The Jets offer him a nice deal, he verbally commits, it leaks out he's signing. Media and fans react positively. He gets to New York for a medical evaluation. The Jets don't want to commit guarenteed money and they continue negotiating. They  finally re-agree to terms, Teddy signs, and the Jets announce he passed the physical 4 days later.

...Teddy's agent takes a fair deal not wanting to risk labeling the knee as a major issue to the rest of the market... this would be a fair reason even if nothing happened to Teddy here but his physical raised flags in NY.

Honestly, I don't think many Jets fans care about Teddy: its the new shiny QB they'll pick at #3 that they'll care about. It might very well be that TB isn't on the Jets roster come September 1st. He was the Viking's Plan C and only as a backup, not as a presumptive starter. There is obviously something up with than leg which may just be the way it is for him moving forward sadly.