Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worse Decision, Teddy Signing With The Jets Or The Jets Signing Teddy?
This is starting to look like a lose lose situation...Teddy isn't comfortable talking about participating in off season workouts...are you freaking kidding me? Holy lack of due diligence Batman...

On the flip side, signing with a team that has 3 QBs under contract that previously had a pick in the QB wheelhouse and now moves up to the garden spot to grab a FIFTH QB...hello, shortsighted hotline...with only 500k guaranteed? What did Teddy tell his agent, take the first deal that shows up? Miami is still looking for a backup to a QB thats coming off a knee and has shown zero signs of flourishing under a QB friendly coach...

Lose lose indeed...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
This is starting to look like a lose lose situation...Teddy isn't comfortable talking about participating in off season workouts...are you freaking kidding me? Holy lack of due diligence Batman...

On the flip side, signing with a team that has 3 QBs under contract that previously had a pick in the QB wheelhouse and now moves up to the garden spot to grab a FIFTH QB...hello, shortsighted hotline...with only 500k guaranteed? What did Teddy tell his agent, take the first deal that shows up? Miami is still looking for a backup to a QB thats coming off a knee and has shown zero signs of flourishing under a QB friendly coach...

Lose lose indeed...
You also got to add into the gossip that the Jets are looking to draft a quarterback with their first pick...McCowan isn't going to be around much longer.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Lose lose indeed...
You also got to add into the gossip that the Jets are looking to draft a quarterback with their first pick...McCowan isn't going to be around much longer.
Kinda early isn't it?   Wink

What's the jets got to lose?   Half a million for what could end up being a mid round pick if he is tradeable come September?  They had a bazillion dollars in cap anyway.   The only loser in this scenario is Teddy and an agent that should be bagging groceries after letting a client do what's been done by camp Theodore the last 6 weeks or so.

I would have plunked my $$ down on Teddy to So. Beach.

But then something happened. They either didn't want him or his agent is just average on their best day.

Or both. 

I don’t see how kicking the tires hurts the Jets at all, but I think it’s pretty telling that Teddy isn’t even saying that he will be able to participate in spring workouts.  It makes you realize how precarious our QB situation would have been if Case hadn’t stayed healthy all year.  We very well could have been down to plugging in Sloter.

Hopefully Zimmer’s starting QB/RB curse ends this year.

There's a piece or two missing in this puzzle. Teddy goes from actually playing in a game in December to being deactivated in January to saying he can't comment on whether or not he'll be ready for offseason workouts? WTF?

You don't go from actually playing in a game to being uncertain about offseason workouts. I think it's pretty obvious that something happened somewhere in there to give Teddy and everyone else pause about the knee. Nothing that would prevent him from passing a physical, but something happened. 

I love Teddy and wish him a long and productive career, but I can't say how relieved I am to now have a QB who's played 16 games in each of the last 3 seasons. 

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
I don’t see how kicking the tires hurts the Jets at all, but I think it’s pretty telling that Teddy isn’t even saying that he will be able to participate in spring workouts.  It makes you realize how precarious our QB situation would have been if Case hadn’t stayed healthy all year.  We very well could have been down to plugging in Sloter.

Hopefully Zimmer’s starting QB/RB curse ends this year.

Yeah, when I read the quotes from his introductory press conference I had the same thoughts...  he must still be having some issues with knee, which I would assume is pretty common with that significant of an injury.
Add in the fact that there were reports he and the Jets reached a deal and then it took what...  4-5 days later before he actually signed the contract?  I wonder if the Jets doctors were holding up the process because they needed to do extra work on his medical checks?
I think the Jets made a good decision to sign him, especially when only 500K is guaranteed.  That's nothing to get a look all spring and summer at him.  If his knee isn't holding him back, they may get a franchise QB and didn't have to pay an arm and a leg to get him.  If he can't make it back, they lose nothing.  I'm more surprised Teddy signed with a team so quickly...   but if the Jets were the only team promising a QB competition in training camp, I guess I can't fault him.
Sad situation for the guy.  I hope he can get his football career back on track...  the NFL needs more guys like Teddy.

If Teddy is that bad now he screwed them by getting$500k for nothin. Dang good work if you can find it.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
If Teddy is that bad now he screwed them by getting$500k for nothin. Dang good work if you can find it.
if Teddy is this bad and they still signed him... they are fucking incompetent morons and should have been fleeced for even more.  this story will be interesting.  I have a hard time thinking a team would sign Teddy if he didnt check all the boxes medically.   Of course it is a QB and the low contract certainly shows that they have reservations on his availability.