Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which ex-Vikings quarterback will have the best 2018 season?
Keenum.

In a nut shell:
Case needs to keep going like he did in 2017.
Sam has to stay healthy
Teddy has to get on the field

Quote: @"Norse" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
To be completely honest I think they're all going to be mediocre at best. But if you have to choose one I'd go with Bradford. His knees will always be a concern but his 2017 injury was a complete fluke. His arm talent alone makes the receivers around him better and he'll have David Johnson to work with. 

Nothing against Keenum, but he is going to regress to the mean. Denver's receivers don't get open quickly like MN's and Denver's line is worse than Minnesota's. He will have to bear a lot more of the load on his shoulders to drive that car. 
This is what I find amusing. The Vikings line was ranked 22nd, Denver's 23rd and each line had their own strengths. Our line started out strong early in the season but broke down towards the end.
It will be hard to repeat a 13-3 season.
I will take 11-5 and a Super Bowl over a 13-3 season

IMO Sam,  Teddy hasnt shown that he will even have a season and Case is going to be more the guy we saw in philly and less the guy we saw against the bucs.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
To be completely honest I think they're all going to be mediocre at best. But if you have to choose one I'd go with Bradford. His knees will always be a concern but his 2017 injury was a complete fluke. His arm talent alone makes the receivers around him better and he'll have David Johnson to work with. 

Nothing against Keenum, but he is going to regress to the mean. Denver's receivers don't get open quickly like MN's and Denver's line is worse than Minnesota's. He will have to bear a lot more of the load on his shoulders to drive that car. 
Between Sam and Keenum.  If you want to look at history tho, has Sam ever won more than 8 games in a year?  But I agree about Keenum.  Don't know much about their offense, but I think Shurmur was a huge factor in the success Keenum had.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

Between Sam and Keenum.  If you want to look at history tho, has Sam ever won more than 8 games in a year?  But I agree about Keenum.  Don't know much about their offense, but I think Shurmur was a huge factor in the success Keenum had.
in fairness,  in history has Sam every had a team even half as good as what Case had last year?

Quote: @"RushmoreVike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

in fairness,  in history has Sam every had a team even half as good as what Case had last year?
The Eagles were good, not as good as our team last year.  But it isn't about fairness.  Just saying if Case regresses to mean, what about Sam?  His mean isn't winning seasons.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"RushmoreVike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

The Eagles were good, not as good as our team last year.  But it isn't about fairness.  Just saying if Case regresses to mean, what about Sam?  His mean isn't winning seasons.
AZ should have a better offense,  Case wont be able to hold the ball all day in Denver like he did at times last year.  Both teams have a decent defense so that should keep the offense in the games when either struggles.  I expect Sam to show better.

Sam will have the better year if healthy

Case closed. 

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
Case closed. 
Not really, sort of left it hanging IIRC.  Kinda like his deep pass, still hanging.