Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which ex-Vikings quarterback will have the best 2018 season?
The Minnesota Vikings had an unprecedented situation heading into the 2018 offseason with three quality NFL starting quarterbacks – all of which were poised to hit the free agent market.
While all three had good arguments for returning to Minnesota, in the end the Vikings elected to make Kirk Cousins the highest paid QB in the league rather than bring Case Keenum, Sam Bradford or Teddy Bridgewater back.

Now that they have landed new jobs, Vikings fans will no doubt be keeping an eye on their production. How does each fit in his new job? Will they have a quality supporting cast? Will health play a factor in whether they succeed? Let’s check out the outlook for Keenum, Bradford and Bridgewater in their new homes…
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...18-season/

Ehhh...

...I give a slight nod to Keenum, though Bradford could actually be healthy and light stuff up in AZ.

I don't think Teddy gets many starts this season, if any.  McCown is a pretty solid player, so if he stays upright...it'll be tough for Teddy to get off clipboard duty.

Keenum, only because he's most likely to play more than 6 games next year.

I'll go with Keenum.  Pretty good chance that Bradford's knees and immobility will eventually be exposed, although I wish him and Teddy and Case, nothing but the best.  This whole decision making process with the Vikings holding the cards to four starting NFL QBs is a bit mind-blowing, don't you think?  Especially when you look at the dearth of NFL-caliber talent on many teams.  

If Bradford stays healthy it will be him, if not, it will be Keenum

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
I'll go with Keenum.  Pretty good chance that Bradford's knees and immobility will eventually be exposed, although I wish him and Teddy and Case, nothing but the best.  This whole decision making process with the Vikings holding the cards to four starting NFL QBs is a bit mind-blowing, don't you think?  Especially when you look at the dearth of NFL-caliber talent on many teams.  
It was absolutely mind-blowing...From a team that hasn't had a consistent player at qb for how long now? Zimmer's had 5 or 6 starters in 4 seasons? 

Took me a day or 2 to process it lol! 

Keenum by a long shot.   Im still not convinced he isnt better then cousins. 

Sam might play a game or two and Teddys done. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Keenum by a long shot.   Im still not convinced he isnt better then cousins. 

Sam might play a game or two and Teddys done. 
I think it is going ro come down to the draft and second FA period.  

Give Keenum a half decent line and targets and he will do ok.

Cousins will get his shots but I expect less yards and TDs than he averaged in Wa.  Cook will get his TDs.  Safer to run than throw.  Also they wont throw many long passes and will play conservative in the second half.  Zimm loves to protect a 7 point lead and eat clock and let that big D do its thing.

Teddy has to beat out McCown and the high draft pick in training camp.  Even if he beats the draft pick they might decide to go with him if he looks viable.  It is a very tough road for Teddy.

I dont know much about the Cards except for Larry Fitz and they play in the West.  That mean Seattle, Rams and the upstart Niners twice a year.  It could be a very tough Div.  Cards will be last even if Sam stays healthy all year.  (he wont)

To be completely honest I think they're all going to be mediocre at best. But if you have to choose one I'd go with Bradford. His knees will always be a concern but his 2017 injury was a complete fluke. His arm talent alone makes the receivers around him better and he'll have David Johnson to work with. 

Nothing against Keenum, but he is going to regress to the mean. Denver's receivers don't get open quickly like MN's and Denver's line is worse than Minnesota's. He will have to bear a lot more of the load on his shoulders to drive that car. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
To be completely honest I think they're all going to be mediocre at best. But if you have to choose one I'd go with Bradford. His knees will always be a concern but his 2017 injury was a complete fluke. His arm talent alone makes the receivers around him better and he'll have David Johnson to work with. 

Nothing against Keenum, but he is going to regress to the mean. Denver's receivers don't get open quickly like MN's and Denver's line is worse than Minnesota's. He will have to bear a lot more of the load on his shoulders to drive that car. 
This is what I find amusing. The Vikings line was ranked 22nd, Denver's 23rd and each line had their own strengths. Our line started out strong early in the season but broke down towards the end.
It will be hard to repeat a 13-3 season.