Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agents?
Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
I think one OT or OG - depending on where Remmers fits - could still be added, to give more latitude on draft day. The Vikings do not want to go into the draft NEEDING an OL starter.
The latest rumor, which I heard at the end of last year also, is that the team REALLY wants to put Remmers at OG. 

DT, slot corner, and possibly RB if Murray doesn't take a pay cut.

Whether that DT is Suh or Richardson, or a lower cost option, I'll leave to the capologists.  But we need someone there who can rotate in and provide starting competition for Jaleel Johnson. I don't think you want to gamble on a rookie in that rotation. 

Pretty sure the NFCC disaster is why the Vikings are looking to upgrade their inside corners. Not sure what's going on with Mack, and I think I heard that Newman is retiring? Not sure. In either case, we need better play from our 3rd and 4th corners. 

Then draft the OL, some LB depth, another RB and a "move" TE and we should be set. ASJ is available via FA if we want to go down that road. Recovering alcoholic I think but In terms of size speed hands, there aren't many better. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
I think one OT or OG - depending on where Remmers fits - could still be added, to give more latitude on draft day. The Vikings do not want to go into the draft NEEDING an OL starter.
The latest rumor, which I heard at the end of last year also, is that the team REALLY wants to put Remmers at OG. 
Then OT Cameron Fleming from the Patriots to play RT..

If Murray walks should the Vikes bring in a FA back, draft one or is there anybody on the practice squad that is ready.  

Quote: @"Purple Haze" said:
If Murray walks should the Vikes bring in a FA back, draft one or is there anybody on the practice squad that is ready.  
id think we need to have a veteran RB on the squad somewhere. 

Hey, does Frank Gore have anything left?  Reasonable contract to be a stable pony/mentor for young Cook?  Cook's game reminds me a lot of Gore's.

He would be a true back-up, to get a shot at a ring.  Maybe give him one or two series a game, and have him available to carry the load for a game or two if Cook should get dinged.

We have no idea what Cook will be like coming back from the injury.  Hopefully he's full speed ahead, but no way do the Vikes not consider he won't be ready.  I think (and hope) Murray stays, and they also grab a rookie.

They did resign RB Mack Brown, but I have no idea if he's someone that will ever see playing time.