Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agents?
I'm sure other folks with have their own ideas... but after looking at the FAs that are available, I don't see much there that would improve on what we already have.  Depth, sure... but not any improvements over our current players.  Suh is available for the DL, but at what cost?  Is he a reasonable option?  I doubt it.  Plus, we just drafted a DL last year that I thought looked good (in the preseason).  As for OL, maybe there's an OG that I'm not familiar with who could step in and play.  But I don't see anyone that jumps out at me; neither do I see an "answer" for our RT spot.  Maybe a trade to get someone?

Your thoughts?

I would adress the O line in the draft. There are some pretty good FA LBers, nickel corners, and safeties available. But I would not mind being a little patient until most of the FA frenzy money is gone then look to get some good players for veteran minimum. It hapeens every year.

Also keep in mind that we lost 3 FA QBs (I hope Teddy signs for big bucks) and have signed only 1 outside FA so we are looking at pretty good comp picks next year. 

Its a pretty weak class this year, pumpf. 

The only guy I would seriously entertain is Sheldon Richardson on a short-term deal.  The Vikings have handed out some big contracts to their own players and outside FAs the past couple seasons...  and we have guy like Kendricks, Hunter, Diggs, and potentially Barr that need to get extended this offseason.  We've officially hit the time where we've drafted so well and built such good depth...  we're better off re-signing our own guys and continuing to build through the draft.

Well, we better keep Barr around, if for no other reason but to make the asshat of the north see ghosts Smile
Seriously though, keeping our own guys needs to be the focus of the team going forward. I know it may not be possible for everyone to stay, but we have a great cap guy in Brez so I'm crossing my fingers.

I'd say we're going to have to bring it a #2RB with Jet gone and no word on Murry.  With Cook coming off an acl its an important piece of the puzzle for next year so we better get it right.

It would be nice to see who we can bring in for DT's if Tom Johnson leaves.  We'll also have some OL spots to fill but most of our starting positions are already filled.  Unfortunately last time I thought we had a stacked roster we drafted like crap, Teddy's leg fell off and we couldn't field an OL to save our lives so who knows how the cookie will crumble going forward.

With Jet getting 7.5 million  from San Fran and Murray only making 5.3 million currently and being asked to take a cut or be released, he may just walk.  This would leave another FA hole to fill.  Legarrette Blount anyone ???

Quote: @"Purple Haze" said:
With Jet getting 7.5 million  from San Fran and Murray only making 5.3 million currently and being asked to take a cut or be released, he may just walk.  This would leave another FA hole to fill.  Legarrette Blount anyone ???

I'd be down with Legarrette Blount...  wherever that turd goes, he gets a ring.  He could be our lucky rabbit's foot...

I think one OT or OG - depending on where Remmers fits - could still be added, to give more latitude on draft day. The Vikings do not want to go into the draft NEEDING an OL starter.