Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings to ask Murray to take pay cut or be released
Murray probably knew this coming in when he signed last year.  They will probably re-structure a new contract and move on.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Murray probably knew this coming in when he signed last year.  They will probably re-structure a new contract and move on.
Totally agree with this.

Murray is no fool, he knew this was coming, but he also knows now that he is still a starter on some team in the NFL.  He won't be here.

He's gone.

Quote: @Ponifan said:
Murray is no fool, he knew this was coming, but he also knows now that he is still a starter on some team in the NFL.  He won't be here.

He's gone.

You could be right, but I think it depends what the Vikings offer. If they restructure his $5M so it's spread over the next two years instead of just 2018, he might stick around - especially if he likes the team and likes winning.
I appreciate his contribution last year, but I don't think he changed the way he is viewed around the NFL: his 2017 stats were really similar to his 2016. I doubt he is seen as more than a committee RB by most teams.

Quote: @Ponifan said:

He's gone.
I disagree.  RBs are easy to find in the draft and in FA.  Murray got better as the season progressed, but I don't see anyone breaking the bank for him, much less making him their starter.  He's more of a complementary back at this point in his career (in my opinion, anyway).  

He should stay here. He’s not going to make that much more on the market, close to a championship, and will be playing with a brand new QB. 

Stay Latavius

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Bucs are interested in free agent Jerick McKinnon.
The Bucs, who have a wide-open backfield, would be an excellent landing spot for a back who has said he wants more work. Free agency is off to a fast start but it could be typically slow-developing for running backs.
Related: Buccaneers

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Makes sense, but I'm hoping he takes the cut and stays. If he doesn't, Vikings will probably add a free agent. Free agent backs are a dime a dozen right now. And we'll draft one fairly early. 3rd or 4th I'm guessing. 
Penny for your thoughts...

Looks like LM isn't the only one wifh this ultimatum. Yes it's a business but you don't have to be chickenshit either.

http://nfltraderumors.co/vikings-approac...-pay-cuts/

Quote: @96POPS said:
Looks like LM isn't the only one wifh this ultimatum. Yes it's a business but you don't have to be chickenshit either.

http://nfltraderumors.co/vikings-approac...-pay-cuts/
Pops I'm sorry to see that. Your boy had some awesome plays last season.
I hope things work out! Prayers