Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing opinions on QBs
Sure would be nice if 1 of the guys on the current list of possibilities was a total turd. Unfortunately, they all seem to be really good people. 

Shit, I was sold at Jay Cutler in post 2!

I think if there was not so much discussion about the money associated with Cousins - both what he has received the past two years playing on the franchise tag and what is expected to be in his next contract - most posters would be thrilled that the Vikings have a shot to sign him. If the choice was: $25M/year for Keenum or $25M/year for Cousins, who would be the overwhelming winner? But there might only be about $5M difference between the two.
Anyway, I have a hunch that if the Vikings do sign Cousins next week, the move and the man are going to be overwhelmingly popular with about 90% of Vikings fans. Debate will no doubt continue among the .01% on boards like this...

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
Shit, I was sold at Jay Cutler in post 2!

[Image: Du0hT6p.gif]

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
I think if there was not so much discussion about the money associated with Cousins - both what he has received the past two years playing on the franchise tag and what is expected to be in his next contract - most posters would be thrilled that the Vikings have a shot to sign him. If the choice was: $25M/year for Keenum or $25M/year for Cousins, who would be the overwhelming winner? But there might only be about $5M difference between the two.
Anyway, I have a hunch that if the Vikings do sign Cousins next week, the move and the man are going to be overwhelmingly popular with about 90% of Vikings fans. Debate will no doubt continue among the .01% on boards like this...

I think it will end up being a lot more than $5M difference, I think it will be 10+ and that's not even considering guaranteed money and length of commitment.  I mean if money and term are no object let's float Aaron Rogers a 10 year 200 million guarantee.  You have to get the correct value especially of you pay 25+ million per year and are locked in for 5+ years-the wrong guy with that commitment could sink your chances-Bears??

I don't care, I have opinions but in the end I trust their decision making process-I think...

I really was a Case supporter for a good chunk of the year. I cooled off on him in the playoffs, a lot. 

If I could turn back the clock, it would be a home-grown Teddy. But now I'd be shocked if they turned the keys over to someone who's had 5-6 plays in 2 seasons.

Love Bradford's elite arm, don't know about his health. Combine him and Bridgewater and I still don't know if you'd have one healthy QB to turn the franchise over to. 

Never has it been more true that when you say you have more than one qb...Well, you know the saying.

I dont know what the right answer is, people getting paid big, big $$'s are going to have to make the decision. They not only have to make that decision, but then execute the recruit and contract of whomever it is they are going after.

And do so in a responsible manner. Tall order. 

As has been said by many sages here on the board already "don't F this up Rick"

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
I have always been in the Cousins camp.  He is the best Qb that they can get IMO.  And it really is not even close to me.

The one thing that strikes me as a clear sign is the fact that the Vikings are willing to see their current 3 QBs all listen to offers in 2 and a half days.

I mean that is taking a risk of all 3 signing elsewhere.

I can see this scenario happening very easily.

The Vikings are too cheap to sign Cousins and lose him.

Cousins goes to Denver.
Keenum goes to The Browns.
Bradford goes to the Jets.
Bridgewater goes to the Cardinals.
McCarron goes to the Bills.

Switch them up however you'd like.

The Vikings could very easily be left holding their johnsons in their hands!

If this does happen (which I doubt) then I would be in favor of trading mulitple future picks to get up high enough to get a rookie this year.
Then, they probably have to turn to McCown, Fitzpatrick, Moore, or dare I say, Cutler.  Yuck!

I really do not see how the Vikings have shown any love to the current 3 QBs.

If they really believed in any of them then they should be signed by now and any talk that that is not the case is complete BS.
This is what leads me to believe they have a very good idea they are going to sign him.

I am starting to feel that they know what it will take for Cousins, they know they can come up with it and they know he is very interested.  After all not that long ago at the Super Bowl it leaked that MN was number 1 with a bullet if the offers were close.

So many unknowns...I would just Like to get some continuity. I think whoever the FO decides on will be fine. We will still need to improve the OL. 
But it is still a little concerning we haven't signed Berger,Sirles or Easton.
And we haven't signed any QB's   :#

I started out against Cousins, but here's my thinking. Sam and Teddy have too many ???? on health. Where would this season have ended with Sam getting hurt and not having Case? Ouch. I like what Case did, and he has a great attitude, I just am afraid it's not sustainable. We've seen too many one year wonders around the league. I think Cousins gives this team a QB that has stayed healthy, and can perform for years to come.