Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing opinions on QBs
So does anyone else change their mind pretty much daily on what the right way to go with QB is?  I can't stop from flipping back and forth between Cousins ans Keenum and even Sam from time to time.  It seems to be nearly daily.  I will say that I'm coming to terms with the fact that we might over pay for Cousins by a huge number or that we might get Keenum and find out he's been a one year wonder.  Neither seem appealing to me but kinda is what it is.  Thank God the weekend is coming so I can stay off a computer until Monday!!!

I have always been in the Cousins camp.  He is the best Qb that they can get IMO.  And it really is not even close to me.

The one thing that strikes me as a clear sign is the fact that the Vikings are willing to see their current 3 QBs all listen to offers in 2 and a half days.

I mean that is taking a risk of all 3 signing elsewhere.

I can see this scenario happening very easily.

The Vikings are too cheap to sign Cousins and lose him.

Cousins goes to Denver.
Keenum goes to The Browns.
Bradford goes to the Jets.
Bridgewater goes to the Cardinals.
McCarron goes to the Bills.

Switch them up however you'd like.

The Vikings could very easily be left holding their johnsons in their hands!

If this does happen (which I doubt) then I would be in favor of trading mulitple future picks to get up high enough to get a rookie this year.
Then, they probably have to turn to McCown, Fitzpatrick, Moore, or dare I say, Cutler.  Yuck!

I really do not see how the Vikings have shown any love to the current 3 QBs.

If they really believed in any of them then they should be signed by now and any talk that that is not the case is complete BS.

Oh i know!!!  I really really really hope that if we do indeed schedule a visit with Cousins that it doesn't piss off the other 3 if we don't sign Cousins. 

To me I wavier on Keenum and Cousins but its somethign like this:

1A.  Keenum + another FA
1B.  Cousins
3.    Bradford
4.    Teddy  (only because I don't think he comes back)

I'm kinda stuck where I've been: I'd prefer Cousins, followed by a thoroughly-medically-cleared Bradford.  I think Keenum is the very picture of a "get you close, but..." QB, and Teddy is a huge series of question marks to me.

Like many of us, I've over-obsessed on this and have read the whole collection of analysts' guesses on how the QB situation shakes out.  The Vikings are the best option for Cousins IF he's not purely chasing money...and he's made a pile off franchise tags, already.  My guess has him lifting the bar slightly to $28M, and getting at least 3 years in purple.

Not really. I still want a Sam and Teddy combo that would allow us to keep building the defense. But the likelihood of that seems to diminish each day. I like Cousins more now than I did a few weeks ago. My central belief on him is that he's better than anyone we have with two good knees. In other words, he's better than Keenum. Is he 10M better? Probably not, but when you're this close you don't pinch pennies and gamble on a QB who's had 1 good year in 6.  And jumping into our wide open window with the NFL's most talented young roster and a healthy QB who's been durable and productive for 3 straight years is an exciting proposition at any cost, especially considering our history at the position, which can best be described as a vomitous carousel ride on acid. 

But it's funny you mention this. I have the world's most ridiculous commute, and so I listen to Denver sports radio a lot. When they thought they had a chance at Cousins, these guys were in love, even reading "Dear Kirk" love letters on the air. After the Minnesota rumors came out, like spurned lovers, they turned on him. Hard. They hate him now. 

From the beginning I've wanted it be Teddy for various reasons; good character guy, Vikings drafted him, would make for an awesome comeback story, great ability to dodge pressure in the pocket, etc.

However, in the last couple days, I've really come around to the Cousins idea. Charchian(sp?) was on KFAN yesterday and laid out a bunch of stats regarding Cousins (yes, I know the saying on stats) and for me it painted a very intriguing picture of Cousins in purple. However, to the OPs point, I likely hear points to refute Charch's points and waffle again on who I would like to see as QB... LOL!

Cousins last 3 years as starter
1. 4th in passing yds
2. 8th in passing TDs
3. 3rd in rushing TDs
4. 3rd in completion %
5. 4th in yards per attempt

If you'd like to listen (hopefully the link works...):
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-The-D...-26981004/

Select "Charch in for Bump..." podcast and skip ahead to the approximately the 45 min mark.

I totally waiver.  im kind of like Trump (nooooooo!!!!!!!!). the last analysis I read is the one I agree with.  BUT, I do have more faith in our front office and coaches than in past years, so I feel confident that they know more than anyone what we have and need. so I’m comfortable with whatever decision they make. Which is a relief. 

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
I totally waiver.  im kind of like Trump (nooooooo!!!!!!!!). the last analysis I read is the one I agree with.  BUT, I do have more faith in our front office and coaches than in past years, so I feel confident that they know more than anyone what we have and need. so I’m comfortable with whatever decision they make. Which is a relief. 
Isn't that the truth!!!! 

I keep coming back to the Minnesota miracle and Keenum was that guy.  He took our team on his shoulders last year and played his heart out.  I think thats worth something more then just $$.  The locker room loves him.  The fans love him. 

My final answer (until tomorrow) is pay Keenum plus 1 top FA maybe someone along the DL or OL who doesn't break the bank and be done with it.  I'd even be ok with Teddy being that 1 top FA on a prove it deal even though I put his chances of making back very low. 

ok, I’ll go with that.  WAIT!  See what I mean ???? lol.  (actually they do make sense)

Backup plan is probably Bradford, with Teddy on the side.  They can sign both for a reasonable deal, but neither is the QB of the future, so QB might be an elevated need in the draft, which would be the worst of all worlds really.  I mean, unless they have confidence in Sloter, what else can they do?