Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins to the Vikings already a done deal?
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
Unless all media outlets are wrong on a massive scale, this Cousins to the Vikings thing looks real. Obviously, the Vikings view this as the best way to go. Moving on from Bridgewater and Keenum is very interesting and telling.
I'm sure the interest is there...Whether it comes to fruition is a whole other matter...I'm still not convinced Cousins ends up a Viking next week. 
I agree, honestly. I put it at 60-40 it happens. But the Jets could go nuts and Cousins might just be looking for a huge contract only. I don't blame the guy in whatever way he goes. Another team could enter late in the game, also.
Yup, very well could be a later entrant into this...Not sure who that would be with the cap space required, but yah. Some smart, quite GM waiting on the sidelines till the last day or 2. 

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@StickyBun said:
Unless all media outlets are wrong on a massive scale, this Cousins to the Vikings thing looks real. Obviously, the Vikings view this as the best way to go. Moving on from Bridgewater and Keenum is very interesting and telling.
I have to agree and the fact that the Vikings have not extended anyone YET is telling.  To me.

Now they could decide to offer someone a deal right before free agency but that seems strange too.

It does not infer they had much confidence in the player they would sign.

Why wait so long if that is the QB you wanted all along?

Seems to me the Vikings are not really confident in any of the current 3 QBs.

They may have to "settle" for one of them but if they really believed in one of them then it would have been over by now.

At least that is what I think.

So why are we talking about it incessantly?

Because the team, not us, has not made a decision.

I think they will get Cousins without a doubt.

He said he wanted to win and this is the best team.

The money will not be an issue.
To me what it says is Teddy's knee if F'ed up.  Sam's knee and career is done and they believe Keenum was a one year wonder.  The trifecta #2QBs all on one team who've started recently for the Vikings.

Lets hope Kirk comes in and doesn't sink the ship.  2 at best 3 years is our window.  We likely can't afford to retain Waynes and/or one of the big ones next year.  Adam Theilen might be out in 2 years.  Kirk is going to change this team dramatically for better or worse. 

Latest rumor...Chris Cooley is the former Redskin player:

Cooley said an agent told him Vikings offering Cuz 3Y/$91M fully g'teed.

Quote: @StickyBun said:

I have to call bull shit.   its one thing to risk a year of the current "window",  but this would be gambling the whole thing on one player.   this IMO would be grounds for immediate dismissal regardless of how it turns out.  zero outs by playing that hand.

I'm not sure that Cooley adds any more credibility to it, but I would think he may have some reliable sources.  Then again, everyone is lying now.  But it is one more source saying basically the same thing.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

I have to call bull shit.   its one thing to risk a year of the current "window",  but this would be gambling the whole thing on one player.   this IMO would be grounds for immediate dismissal regardless of how it turns out.  zero outs by playing that hand.
We have been so smart with our money... I'm having a hard time with 3/91M guaranteed... If this is the case, this may signal that they are done with the QB Carousel (at least for 3 years).

So, the Vikes are leaking contracts offers now to FAs they're interested in?  That really sounds risky and stupid; doesn't sound like how they'd operate.  I call BS.  I think RS holds his cards a little closer to his vest.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
So, the Vikes are leaking contracts offers now to FAs they're interested in?  That really sounds risky and stupid; doesn't sound like how they'd operate.  I call BS.  I think RS holds his cards a little closer to his vest.
It does not have to be quite like that.  They could run into Cousin's agent in Indy and start talking. 

Agent: Hey Rick, hows it going? Kirk and I are thinking about a visit to the TC in a couple of weeks.
RS: We'll be there to greet you.
Agent: I know you can't say anything yet, but you guys have a real nice team. We're looking at 3 years and around $90M guaranteed. More from the Jets, of course.
RS: (smiling) We will see you in 2 weeks.

If I'm the agent, that's all I need to say that Cousins will go to the Vikings for 3 years and $90M guaranteed.  

Even if you had recorded that conversation, RS would be guilty of nothing more than being cordial.

Quote: @dadevike said:
@HappyViking said:
It does not have to be quite like that.  They could run into Cousin's agent in Indy and start talking. 

Agent: Hey Rick, hows it going? Kirk and I are thinking about a visit to the TC in a couple of weeks.
RS: We'll be there to greet you.
Agent: I know you can't say anything yet, but you guys have a real nice team. We're looking at 3 years and around $90M guaranteed. More from the Jets, of course.
RS: (smiling) We will see you in 2 weeks.

If I'm the agent, that's all I need to say that Cousins will go to the Vikings for 3 years and $90M guaranteed.  

Even if you had recorded that conversation, RS would be guilty of nothing more than being cordial.
Sounds like tampering to me.  You might be right, DV, but I really doubt RS would risk any open discussions regarding Cousins.  Although, I'm sure RS pretty much has a very good idea on how much Cousins will cost.

So the latest, latest BS rumor is that the prior, current BS rumor is, indeed, BS. I guess the Jets are back in play and the Vikes are not committing $91M to Cousins. Unless they are.

It is anybody's guess.