Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagan...
Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@CLOBIMON said:
@JimmyinSD said:
new facility of any type?  there are plenty of things that dont work as they should, or just operators that arent familiar with their tools and cant make shit work.  I can see where moving in week 1 and then having to put on the show of a lifetime the next week could have some interesting moments.
There still should be nothing that would be considered "bad."  Guys come in and they're aware that it's a facility just being finished.  Like you, the visitors would expect some things to not be quite complete yet.  Players and people that walked through USB before it was finished were impressed and could see how nice the finished product will be.  People can envision pretty well, especially when there's a physical space to go through and it's close.  Everyone will be able to see how the practice facility will be shortly so even if it's not perfect it will still be "good" and better in comparison to showing them the old facility.
ok, you are right.  I am sure that nobody would view anything in minny associated with the Vikings in a negative way.   just like nobody had anything negative to say about USB when it was first opened but still was having work done to it.
Sarcasm much?
You may have some jaded viewpoints on something like this, but I don't think most guys coming in on a visit are going to look at a just-completing, brand new facility and bitch about it.  I've worked in architecture for 25 years... the people that typically complain and have the right to are the people paying for the project.  These players aren't going to be negative about "finishing touches" to this facility that was already better before it had walls than Winter Park.  They can leave that to people that think it's a big deal, like you do apparently.
sarcasm... when the situation calls for it.  Jaded?  No,  educated would be more like it.

I am not talking about some missing trim or lack of landscaping.   I sell for a living and presentation is a huge thing... these guys are selling the team to prospective FAs,  what you see as no big deal means a lot to the guy doing the selling... thats why the people that are writing the check will bitch... if they didnt care about the bells and whistles they wouldnt have ordered them.

have a nice day.

It’s bound to be a helluva lot better than Winter Park.  i am sure there was a purpose to getting this facility open before free agency.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
sarcasm... when the situation calls for it.  Jaded?  No,  educated would be more like it.

I am not talking about some missing trim or lack of landscaping.   I sell for a living and presentation is a huge thing... these guys are selling the team to prospective FAs,  what you see as no big deal means a lot to the guy doing the selling... thats why the people that are writing the check will bitch... if they didnt care about the bells and whistles they wouldnt have ordered them.

have a nice day.
Okay, fine, I'm not educated on the topic and have no experience dealing with owners, clients, contractors, customers, users of newly constructed buildings and buildings being remodeled while open and closed for business.  My 25 years in a job that does just that has taught me nothing.

Yes, the team would like the facility to be 100% complete and perfect for visits.  The points is, if it's not quite there YET it should not be a detrimental factor in signing a guy wanting to sign here.  If the place is years old and things don't work and is a shit hole that's completely different than a brand new facility that isn't quite complete yet.  Go ahead and hold on to your statement that it's a bad thing - I'm going to disagree with you.  If a guy would choose not to sign here solely because construction isn't complete then he's a sort of prima donna we probably don't need. 

Strange conversation. 

I think it's great they named a town after a Ghostbuster!

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Strange conversation. 
Yah, it sure took a funky turn...Who'd have thunk it lol! 

Hope you and family are well Mike!! 

have a nice day.
You sure seem like you're not interested in having a discussion lately.  Between this, Cousins, and a few other topics...  you are kind of acting like your opinion is the only one someone should have... and if they don't, you've been pretty short with them.  That is just my observation, maybe I'm interpreting your intent wrong.  I just thought I'd say something since you and I have always gotten along pretty good here.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:

have a nice day.
You sure seem like you're not interested in having a discussion lately.  Between this, Cousins, and a few other topics...  you are kind of acting like your opinion is the only one someone should have... and if they don't, you've been pretty short with them.  That is just my observation, maybe I'm interpreting your intent wrong.  I just thought I'd say something since you and I have always gotten along pretty good here.
what the fuck?  because my opinion isnt popular with some its my problem?  I said why moving into an unfinished facility complete with technology that might be unfamiliar to those that use it, as well as being untested might end up messing up a presentation to a prospective FA and I get a guys resume like I am some ignorant fuck that has never dealt with shit and I am the fucking asshole here?

because I think that 30 million is to much for cousins and have been vocal about Case's short comings and catch a lot of shit for it... its my issue.

Fuck it.   Sorry if my opinions arent popular and if sharing them offends the populous.   Its funny how sarcasm and snide comments from a popular stand point get style points,  but if somebody from an opposing view makes them then they are trouble makers....

enjoy the offseason.

@Wetlander said:

what the fuck?  because my opinion isnt popular with some its my problem?  I said why moving into an unfinished facility complete with technology that might be unfamiliar to those that use it, as well as being untested might end up messing up a presentation to a prospective FA and I get a guys resume like I am some ignorant fuck that has never dealt with shit and I am the fucking asshole here?

because I think that 30 million is to much for cousins and have been vocal about Case's short comings and catch a lot of shit for it... its my issue.

Fuck it.   Sorry if my opinions arent popular and if sharing them offends the populous.   Its funny how sarcasm and snide comments from a popular stand point get style points,  but if somebody from an opposing view makes them then they are trouble makers....

enjoy the offseason.
It's not the content of your opinion on a certain topic, it's the delivery (lately) that I was pointing out.  Like your response to me...  go back and read my post.  You're inferring a hell of a lot that wasn't there, man.  Wow.

@Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:

have a nice day.

enjoy the offseason.
Dude, you are definitely a red ass. LOL.