Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagan...
Will be interesting to hear what impact it has on visiting players...Good planning on their part having it ready just a week or 2 before FA begins Smile

Huge step up in facilities obviously. How much an impact it will make is unknown, but it has to have some kind of effect. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Will be interesting to hear what impact it has on visiting players...Good planning on their part having it ready just a week or 2 before FA begins Smile
Could be good,  could be bad,  it will likely still have an unfinished feel to it as I am sure it's still an active construction area and as a state of the art complex I am sure it will have its share of glitches to work out.  ultimately it should be a nice addition.

My guess is very little. The guys coming in will have no point of reference, and probably feel this is what is normal in the NFL. Given some of the money being thrown around college D1 facilities, I doubt flashy locker rooms mean a whole lot. It's about the paycheck and people.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
Could be good,  could be bad,  it will likely still have an unfinished feel to it as I am sure it's still an active construction area and as a state of the art complex I am sure it will have its share of glitches to work out.  ultimately it should be a nice addition.
I guess i am not seeing how it could be bad.  Yes they may have some finishing touches 
to put on, but its a brand new, state of the art practice, training and performance center.  Players will be spending long days ( and maybe evenings for some of them) there practicing, lifting, watching film, getting treatment, etc. Plus training camp will be there.   I think it would be a positive for free agents.

Quote: @Magnus10 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
I guess i am not seeing how it could be bad.  Yes they may have some finishing touches 
to put on, but its a brand new, state of the art practice, training and performance center.  Players will be spending long days ( and maybe evenings for some of them) there practicing, lifting, watching film, getting treatment, etc. Plus training camp will be there.   I think it would be a positive for free agents.
they only get one shot to impress these guys,  you ever been in a brand new facility of any type?  there are plenty of things that dont work as they should, or just operators that arent familiar with their tools and cant make shit work.  I can see where moving in week 1 and then having to put on the show of a lifetime the next week could have some interesting moments.

My method includes liquor, a gunny sack, a bat and a pen. Get em drunk, put them in a sack, beat the hell out of them and demand they sign on the dotted line.  No need for fancy pantcy upgrades.

new facility of any type?  there are plenty of things that dont work as they should, or just operators that arent familiar with their tools and cant make shit work.  I can see where moving in week 1 and then having to put on the show of a lifetime the next week could have some interesting moments.
There still should be nothing that would be considered "bad."  Guys come in and they're aware that it's a facility just being finished.  Like you, the visitors would expect some things to not be quite complete yet.  Players and people that walked through USB before it was finished were impressed and could see how nice the finished product will be.  People can envision pretty well, especially when there's a physical space to go through and it's close.  Everyone will be able to see how the practice facility will be shortly so even if it's not perfect it will still be "good" and better in comparison to showing them the old facility.

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
@JimmyinSD said:
new facility of any type?  there are plenty of things that dont work as they should, or just operators that arent familiar with their tools and cant make shit work.  I can see where moving in week 1 and then having to put on the show of a lifetime the next week could have some interesting moments.
There still should be nothing that would be considered "bad."  Guys come in and they're aware that it's a facility just being finished.  Like you, the visitors would expect some things to not be quite complete yet.  Players and people that walked through USB before it was finished were impressed and could see how nice the finished product will be.  People can envision pretty well, especially when there's a physical space to go through and it's close.  Everyone will be able to see how the practice facility will be shortly so even if it's not perfect it will still be "good" and better in comparison to showing them the old facility.
ok, you are right.  I am sure that nobody would view anything in minny associated with the Vikings in a negative way.   just like nobody had anything negative to say about USB when it was first opened but still was having work done to it.

@CLOBIMON said:
@JimmyinSD said:
ok, you are right.  I am sure that nobody would view anything in minny associated with the Vikings in a negative way.   just like nobody had anything negative to say about USB when it was first opened but still was having work done to it.
Sarcasm much?
You may have some jaded viewpoints on something like this, but I don't think most guys coming in on a visit are going to look at a just-completing, brand new facility and bitch about it.  I've worked in architecture for 25 years... the people that typically complain and have the right to are the people paying for the project.  These players aren't going to be negative about "finishing touches" to this facility that was already better before it had walls than Winter Park.  They can leave that to people that think it's a big deal, like you do apparently.