Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradpool’s coming home?
After Zimmer makes the statement about Sam's knee, how could he come back to the fan base and state that he gives the team the best chance to win?  The statement about his knee being degenerative is one you can't walk back from.

Quote: @"AllBS" said:
After Zimmer makes the statement about Sam's knee, how could he come back to the fan base and state that he gives the team the best chance to win?  The statement about his knee being degenerative is one you can't walk back from.
that term would only be a concern for me if they signed him to a long term deal with a ton of guaranteed money.  life is degenerative,  doesnt mean we are going to die soon... well at least most of us.

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
If Sam is the choice, we better have a steller O-line because the name of the game in the NFL today is “get to the quarterback and make him UNCOMFORTABLE”.

i am not casting my vote for Case but he does have that “spidey sense” and elusiveness that allows the offense to still function if the line is not 100% (unless its the Eagles in the NFC game).  I do think Case survives in situations that Sam gets injured in.

Still wish we could take all our QBs and meld them into one.
But didn't Bradford reinjure his knee outside of a game last year? Sign all the OL you like, they can't follow him around all week keeping him from tripping.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
If Sam is the choice, we better have a steller O-line because the name of the game in the NFL today is “get to the quarterback and make him UNCOMFORTABLE”.

i am not casting my vote for Case but he does have that “spidey sense” and elusiveness that allows the offense to still function if the line is not 100% (unless its the Eagles in the NFC game).  I do think Case survives in situations that Sam gets injured in.

Still wish we could take all our QBs and meld them into one.
But didn't Bradford reinjure his knee outside of a game last year? Sign all the OL you like, they can't follow him around all week keeping him from tripping.
I don't recall the injury being away from the field.  He was reported to be getting treatment the next morning if I remember correctly.  Not uncommon for joint injuries to flare after a few hours.  My last one took about 6 hours before I realized how serious it was.  I knew it was a little tweaked,  but I kept going.  When I stopped for a late lunch it started to swell and within a few hours it was horrible. It was an torn mcl, patellar tendon, and torn meniscus and I worked on it pretty good for hours.  I am betting Sams got injured in the game but with normal post game treatments like a cold tub and normal soreness it was likely the next day before he realized something was really wrong.  Likely why the diagnosis speculations were all over the place to begin with. 

There's a still a part of me, I dunno if it's wonders or wishes, that Bradford would have gotten a shot against the Eagles when our offense had no life.

Resigning him at this point would just make me feel a little sicker with that. I guess along with Keenum earning his keep was a notion that Bradford just wasn't getting better. ... A lot of people were surprised to hear he was skiing recently... 

I dunno. More or less, the mere idea makes me go back and question how dumb that thought was. I mean, I was very comfortable with Keenum. After the loss, any thoughts I had of Bradford making an appearance that day washed away in the reflection of Keenum and our season overall. Now... damn it... Imagine having foresight of the future a week before the NFCCG, knowing Bradford was the guy we ultimately resigned in the off-season. Lol... it's kinda bizzare...

If we think so highly of his ability, how hurt was he at the end? How much respect did Sim have for Keenum at that point? ... lol, did Rick call down to the field and break down the killer discount we'd get on Bradford next year if he sat on the bench all game (that's just a joke, lol).

Lol, point being... the idea of resigning him just makes me go back and dwell and wonder about stuff that ain't going to change anyways.

Quote: @"Ilovebigtd's" said:
letting teddy go is gonna go down as the worst franchise decision in vikings history. youll all see.
Again. ...Google Hershel walker trade. 

Here..did it for you

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade

letting teddy go is gonna go down as the worst franchise decision in vikings history. youll all see.
It won't be anything close to that. Teddy may succeed elsewhere and I wish him success in the future wherever he goes, but he's not a franchise QB. I'll be glad to root for the guy if he comes back to the Vikings, but I'll know they didn't sign the best guy for the job. Won't be the first time for this organization.

Why is that? You realize Teddy has only played 5 plays in the last 2 years.

Let's see...Walker trade...Drafting Darrin Nelson over Marcus Allen...Drafting Derrick Alexander over Warren Sapp...trading Moss...Yeah, I can see Bridgewater being let go ranking right up there with building a dynasty in Dallas, Bypassing two HOF players, and trading the second WR to be a first ballot HOFamer...Yup...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Let's see...Walker trade...Drafting Darrin Nelson over Marcus Allen...Drafting Derrick Alexander over Warren Sapp...trading Moss...Yeah, I can see Bridgewater being let go ranking right up there with building a dynasty in Dallas, Bypassing two HOF players, and trading the second WR to be a first ballot HOFamer...Yup...
Trading Jesse Solomon broke my heart...Really