Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Elite is Bradford?
Not elite.

no. 

He has the talent to be but is snakebitten on the injury front.

Bradford has elite accuracy and arm strength. Does he have the mobility of Michael Vick? No, but every athlete in the NFL is a freak athlete. One could argue that Case had Bigg ballz and a horseshoe lodged in his butt with as many Houdini escapes and shoulda could a wouldaa interceptions that we're dropped by DBs, LBs, and even DLs. Case is a great kid, but don't kid yourself about when healthy who the better quarterback is.

Elite arm, but worrying health. Game 1 of last season he looked like a man among boys out there.

Quote: @"BattleLakeRaider" said:
Case is a great kid, but don't kid yourself about when healthy who the better quarterback is.
I would hardly call him a kid.  And like many here, you have your own definition of a what makes a quarterback.  It is an antiquated view of a statue in the pocket with an accurate arm.

Your view fails to aknowledge that abilities like sensing pressure, knowing when and which direction to move and then knowing when its time to break for it and run aren’t really skills at all. You dont place a premium in the ability to keep your eyes downfield or being able to throw accurately on the run.

With the shape of the vikings offensive line our fans should appreciate that maybe a guy who knows when its time to run and who had 22 TDs and only 7 interceptions while going 13-3, was actually a great match for this team.  

Each Qb wins or loses based on his abilities to move the ball forward and win the game.  Instead of meeting some peoples view of how it should be done, I will take the “W”

Definitely an elite arm.  I don't think he's ever been in a situation to allow us to accurately judge the rest.  Zimmer's the only NFL-caliber coach he's played for and we all know the adversity he faced in 2016.  Hard to judge a QB too harshly when he has no running game and that OL we had to field.

Elite talent is self evident.  It shines through the murkiness and elevates the play of all those around him.  Aaron Rodgers single handedly elevates the Packers from shitty to playoff contender.  Even Drew Brees who has had no running game and no defense for several years has been a shining beacon of eliteness.  If you have to ask if they're elite, they are not elite.  An elite QB tilts the field.

If Bradford was elite, he'd have a winning season by now, and he wouldn't need all the if's and but's.

Quote: @"Poiple" said:
@"BattleLakeRaider" said:
Case is a great kid, but don't kid yourself about when healthy who the better quarterback is.
I would hardly call him a kid.  And like many here, you have your own definition of a what makes a quarterback.  It is an antiquated view of a statue in the pocket with an accurate arm.

Your view fails to aknowledge that abilities like sensing pressure, knowing when and which direction to move and then knowing when its time to break for it and run aren’t really skills at all. You dont place a premium in the ability to keep your eyes downfield or being able to throw accurately on the run.

With the shape of the vikings offensive line our fans should appreciate that maybe a guy who knows when its time to run and who had 22 TDs and only 7 interceptions while going 13-3, was actually a great match for this team.  

Each Qb wins or loses based on his abilities to move the ball forward and win the game.  Instead of meeting some peoples view of how it should be done, I will take the “W”
statue in a pocket... i have read a lot made about Sams lack of mobility and yes it seemed as such... but doing a little research says thats hardly the case.

year      games        sack %     league rank (best being #1)
2010- 16 games     5.4%          #12
2011    10 games    9.2%          #30
2012   16 games     6%             #14
2013    7 games      5.4%          #9
2014   IR
2015    14 games    5%             #15
2016   15 games     6.3%           #20

and we know the only time he ever really had much of an OL was in 15 with Philly  overall career sack% is 6.2%

Case in 16 in 10 games was 6.7% with the Rams for 24th   and 4.4% this year for 6th.  5.3% for his career with the about 40% of his attempts coming this year.  If Case is the poster child for mobility in this picture Sam is really only taking about one more sack per 100 pass attempts or roughly 1 additional sack every 3 games.

sure this doesnt paint the complete picture, but considering how historically shitty the olines have been for Sam... I dont know that he is as much of a pocket liability as we are making him out to be. (although considering our last memory was that chicago game.. its kinda understandable to think that way.)

for the record... rogers has career sack % of 6.9%,  great arms will often negate mobility issues.  

I think Sam behind the line that Case had this year would have been surprisingly better than his career numbers...at least when he isnt stoned ( i am pretty sure he wasnt in his right mind for that bears game)

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Poiple" said:
@"BattleLakeRaider" said:

statue in a pocket... i have read a lot made about Sams lack of mobility and yes it seemed as such... but doing a little research says thats hardly the case.

year      games        sack %     league rank (best being #1)
2010- 16 games     5.4%          #12
2011    10 games    9.2%          #30
2012   16 games     6%             #14
2013    7 games      5.4%          #9
2014   IR
2015    14 games    5%             #15
2016   15 games     6.3%           #20

and we know the only time he ever really had much of an OL was in 15 with Philly  overall career sack% is 6.2%

Case in 16 in 10 games was 6.7% with the Rams for 24th   and 4.4% this year for 6th.  5.3% for his career with the about 40% of his attempts coming this year.  If Case is the poster child for mobility in this picture Sam is really only taking about one more sack per 100 pass attempts or roughly 1 additional sack every 3 games.

sure this doesnt paint the complete picture, but considering how historically shitty the olines have been for Sam... I dont know that he is as much of a pocket liability as we are making him out to be. (although considering our last memory was that chicago game.. its kinda understandable to think that way.)

for the record... rogers has career sack % of 6.9%,  great arms will often negate mobility issues.  

I think Sam behind the line that Case had this year would have been surprisingly better than his career numbers...at least when he isnt stoned ( i am pretty sure he wasnt in his right mind for that bears game)
Mobility is over rated.  If you add mobility to a top QB, that's a game changer.  If you're a mediocre QB that's mobile, it's going to average out that you're still mediocre, but you'll have some splashy plays thrown in there.  The most important part of being QB is still mental processing.  It's figuring out what the defense is doing and where to go with the ball half a second quicker and thinking on your feet when things start to break down.  If you take away Rodgers mobility or Wilson's mobility, they will still be great QBs.