Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Elite is Bradford?
Someone brought it up earlier, Besides the knee issues, is Bradford a top 5 QB and if so is he a tier one talent?  

Can he hoist a team in his back and get them over the hump whens things start to fall apart?

its hard to say that things would have ended differently,  but I think we would have played that NFFCG at home if Sam had been healthy all year.  He is a full step above Case.   I think our offense would have put up more points with Sam and been more diverse with him under center,  but it really would have only added maybe 1 more win,  but its really hard to say.  I dont know if he can be as rah rah as Case,  but a real leader doesnt have to be emotional, some people just silently demand and receive respect.  as far as arm talent, yeah hes top 5 in the league IMO, but as far as the rest of the stuff,  really hard to say because of his shitty health history.  It wont be his skills that keep him from signing for top dollar thats for certain.

has Bradford ever won? ever put a team on his back and elevated them? yes he can throw a ball all over the field, but he is a statue and hasn't shown to be able to make "that play" to put his team over the top. So he has an arm, but is he a tier 1 QB that has all of the skills to elevate the team? I really don't think he has shown that, especially since he can't put a season together.

Quote: @"Neptizzle" said:
has Bradford ever won? ever put a team on his back and elevated them? yes he can throw a ball all over the field, but he is a statue and hasn't shown to be able to make "that play" to put his team over the top. So he has an arm, but is he a tier 1 QB that has all of the skills to elevate the team? I really don't think he has shown that, especially since he can't put a season together.
i think the statue references are a little overblown,  he has shown the ability to get out of the pocket and make plays,  but he is certainly a pocket passer first and foremost.

One could argue that Bradford and Keenum are fairly equal. What Case lacks in arm talent compared to Bradford, he more than makes up for in his pocket presence, ability to escape pressure, and make plays on the run with his feet. Bradford can't touch Keenum in those areas. I don't think Bradford is elite and I don't think he has the ability to carry a team on his back. Bradford, Keenum, Teddy, and Cousins, all need a solid supporting cast to be effective. As much as our line improved, Keenum made plays and kept the chains moving that Bradford would have struggled with as our line deteriorated over the season and the pass rush by opposing teams increased.  

His bank account is ELITE!

IMO Bradford's biggest weakness is his movement in and out of the pocket.  IMO he doesn't have the 6th sense or 'feel' within the pocket to slide up or out of the way of rushers and while he is capable of rolling out and throwing his sense for when and how to do it outside of the designed play isn't there.  He could have great success if you put a very good OL in front of him in a quick tempo offense if he was healthy.  Anything else he is going to take unnecessary hits while in the pocket.  That's my take.

As for intangibles and being that kind of guy with the 'it' factor, I don't think he never displayed it but who knows if he just lacked the opportunity.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
His bank account is ELITE!
 :p 

I think he is an adequate leader.  He inspires confidence just based on his arm talent.  

His 6th sense and pocket presence isnt like Case but he seemed to be very, very accurate when rolling out from what I recall.

He does make quick reads and finds the guy, makes a great throw and moves the chains.  Having Cook would obviously be a big plus for him if they kept him.

If it came to a camp competition Bradford would probably win, then Teddy and Case being third.  But in game time it might be the other way around.  The determining factor is handling the pass rush.

Quote: @"Neptizzle" said:
Hard to say.  Health has been his issue and then the ever changing offense for him.

He has the arm talent, but it is so hard to judge if he can actually win.