Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the ceiling for Diggs? For Thielen?

I am not sure why I have thought Alabama was going after him. I was wrong. I thought they wanted Diggs and then Cooper. I thought there was a really high program he passed on to stay home.
Oh well. Still number 2 at his position.

Plus, those two sites are a bit contradicting. One says there was interest from a team and the other says there isn't any from the same team. Whatever.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@medaille said:
I don't really see either guy being elite, in the sense that they just dominate the guys around them.  I think they're in that category of good, high quality NFL starter.  I think they'll both hover around that 1000 yard mark for several years with a couple of 1200 yard seasons each.
That would be quite the feat for our Vikings...Considering they haven't had a 1000 yard receiver since 09. 

Let that sink in a minute, and then hope for good things starting Sunday.

Caitlin Thielen‏ @MRS_T_19 Jun 20

[Image: DCxp7rfUMAMg8A9.jpg]

Life is good for Adam: beautiful wife and kid, just hit on a nice payday with his hometown pro NFL team and just got back from a very cool golf tournament. The dude has to be pinchin' himself.

was last years success for Diggs and Theilen necessarily a preview of things to come,  or was it more born out of the teams inability to run the ball?  I honestly dont see the team wanting to throw near as much as they were forced to last year and that will likely cut down on the number of opportunities for these two to catch the ball.  granted they will likely have longer drives a bit more,  but we are also expecting there to be more decent targets for Sam when he does drop back to pass.

I like Thielen and was happy for his emergence last year, but I don't think his ceiling is any higher, or not much. I really think he will drop back a bit this year with more attention, and if anyone else (Treadwell, Floyd, ?) emerges, Thielen could go back to the #3 role. He's valuable, contributes in many ways, good complement - I just think last year was an outlier and he will usually be in the range of 50-60 catches and 700-800 yards. But prove me wrong, Adam...

I think Diggs has Antonio Brown type talent. If he plays 16 games, Sam gets modest protection and we're able to establish a moderately effective running game, I think you'll see it. As others have said, Thielen is a pretty solid #2, and I think his ceiling is probably as one of the league's best in that role; just not sure he'll ever be more than that. 

Diggs has the talent to be elite, great hands, really great route runner, seems to step up whenever given the chance. Just needs to stay healthy. He's got the ability but big questions remain on the durability.

I was the first to say if Thielen was on the Patriots, he'd be a 90+ catch a season guy before his breakout year.  He runs routes good, plays hard, and can make tough catches.  Severely underrated athlete with good size.  However, if we transition back to a more balanced offense like we were in 2015...  I think last season might be his "best" statistical season.  In that type of offense that has pass/run splits close to 50-50... he'll probably get 50-60 receptions... around 800 yards...  and 4-6 TDs a season.  Good production, but not great.  If he were in a more pass heavy offense, I think he could easily be a 1,000 yard WR that is viewed as a good #2 option in a passing attack.

As far as Diggs...  I would agree with MaroonBells assessment.  Antonio Brown-like talent where he will beat press coverage with quick footwork at the line since he won't be muscling through CBs who can get their hands on him.  Elite quickness and dangerous RAC ability.  Huge hands and doesn't drop balls.  If he can stay healthy and take the next step...  Easily a 1,200+ yard WR.  He needs to score more TDs to get in that "elite" WR conversation, but I think he has the talent to do it.