Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the ceiling for Diggs? For Thielen?
What are the odds of either becoming "elite" down the road? All Pro guys?

Both bought houses with 10ft ceilings according to Better Homes and Garden.  Not going to admit that I read it so my wife told me Sad

All kidding aside,

If Diggs can stay healthy he can be a 1200 yd WR.  The thing is you need that complementary WR otherwise you are doubled and that is what Theilan brought last year - hope he duplicates.  But having two 1,000 yard WR's is very doable even when you look at last year with both in the 900's and Rudy around 750 yds.  

both Diggs and Thielen are 1000+ yard wrs in this O. Its going to depend on or 3rd wr to keep the D spread and options for injury. so treadwell must step up or one of the kids. Im not trusting floyd to be anything more than a redzone threat the second half of the season. 

Diggs can and at times has performed at a near elite level...he just can't stay healthy...couldn't in college, to date hasn't as a pro...He's not at the Jones, Brown, OBJ level, but he's not too far off...

Thielan can definitely exploit #2 CBs...He's probably a bit underrated...made some great catches...his challenge will be to see if he can produce again with a full year of tape on him...I'm not betting against him... 

I don't really see either guy being elite, in the sense that they just dominate the guys around them.  I think they're in that category of good, high quality NFL starter.  I think they'll both hover around that 1000 yard mark for several years with a couple of 1200 yard seasons each.

Quote: @medaille said:
I don't really see either guy being elite, in the sense that they just dominate the guys around them.  I think they're in that category of good, high quality NFL starter.  I think they'll both hover around that 1000 yard mark for several years with a couple of 1200 yard seasons each.
That would be quite the feat for our Vikings...Considering they haven't had a 1000 yard receiver since 09. 

Let that sink in a minute, and then hope for good things starting Sunday.

Quote: @medaille said:
This. Neither,  IMO, has the tools to be elite. An elite WRer to me is a Julio Jones. AJ Green. Antonio Brown. Demaryius Thomas. Odell Beckham when he's on. 

Diggs could be elite.  Theilen will be an upper level wr for a few years.    If Diggs could stay healthy he could threaten that elite level.   He has the talent and skills to be elite but he has to be healthy to get there.

Quote: @twgerber said:
Diggs could be elite.  Theilen will be an upper level wr for a few years.    If Diggs could stay healthy he could threaten that elite level.   He has the talent and skills to be elite but he has to be healthy to get there.

He has the talent to be elite alright. He was very highly recruited coming out and Alabama wanted him bad. I believe the only person that was more highly rated coming out was DGB and he flopped.
I think it went DGB, Diggs, and then Cooper