Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Throwing Dimes in practice during 2017 - Per Kendricks
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Maple Surple said:
Well if the staff have not seen enough of the three amigos by now , they never will
I'm sure they have long  known who they will keep
I hope so.  I would feel more confident about their decision if they felt there was a clear winner. But I kinda doubt that's the case.  

We're all fairly smart and reasonable people, and we don't agree. I don't think it would be that surprising if there were disagreements among the Vikings decision makers too.

Especially when you consider they may not know how money will factor in. I'm guessing there's an amount they have in mind for each QB. But each QB might have a totally different amount in mind. 
Why do you always disparage Keenum?  Wink

i love Teddy. if he is dropping bombs and is healrhy enough to last, he is my choice.

My gut is telling me they keep Teddy - he's the starter for 2018 - probably on a two year deal. The "kid" Slotter will be his backup. Will be an affordable situation as well. Teddy lights it up, they redo the deal with an extension. His knee buckles and they move on with the "kid" Slotter. Thats what my Tea Leaves are telling me. - Oh, they draft another developmental QB in the draft, unless they find some veteran QB Back Up as the 3rd option. I would bet that Slotter is showing things that they really like and will continue his development. Again, just my gut feeling.

My gut says Teddy, too. But my gut has been wrong before. It's a close call. No doubt about it. 

I don't agree that Sloter will be the backup though. He looked great for Denver in the preseason, but he's likely got a long way to go before he's anyone's #2. I think the Vikings go get a veteran similar to what they did last year with Case Keenum. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
My gut says Teddy, too. But my gut has been wrong before. It's a close call. No doubt about it. 

I don't agree that Sloter will be the backup though. He looked great for Denver in the preseason, but he's likely got a long way to go before he's anyone's #2. I think the Vikings go get a veteran similar to what they did last year with Case Keenum. 
Yeah, if he is who they think he may be, then he needs at least another year of seasoning.  So a veteran backup is a must.  Especially if we go with Bradford or Teddy.

I will only root for the QB that *I* think is the best.  I will hope and pray that- if any other QB starts for us- he'll fail miserably.  Because the one thing I love more than the Vikings winning... is being RIGHT!

:p 

PS: I couldn't find any "sarcasm" buttons... so the one with the tongue sticking out will have to do.

It is nice of his teammates to lend support.  However, Kendricks also saw Foles and Brees dropping dimes on him in the playoffs. I wonder what he thinks of Foles?

At the end of the day, Teddy has still suffered an injury that very few athletes have ever suffered AND returned to their previous form AND got better.

The Vikings front office (er, Spielman) and Zimmer will be taking a huge chance rolling with Teddy next year.  This defense is built to contend now and hoping Teddy returns and gets better (he did and does need to get better than he was no?) is putting their jobs on the line.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
My gut is telling me they keep Teddy - he's the starter for 2018 - probably on a two year deal. The "kid" Slotter will be his backup. Will be an affordable situation as well. Teddy lights it up, they redo the deal with an extension. His knee buckles and they move on with the "kid" Slotter. Thats what my Tea Leaves are telling me. - Oh, they draft another developmental QB in the draft, unless they find some veteran QB Back Up as the 3rd option. I would bet that Slotter is showing things that they really like and will continue his development. Again, just my gut feeling.
I'm not ready to hand over a championship quality team to the Trio of Teddy, Sloter, and Rookie. I think if it would be Teddy/Bradford/Case, FA, and Sloter.  Sloter is still a giant question mark with very little QB experience. 

I am not surprised at all to hear this.  This basically echos what we were seeing the beginning of 2 years ago and heard rumors of this fall.

What I want to know is where is Sams head at in terms of the rest of his career.  Is Sam looking for another big contract and guarantees of being the #1,  is he willing to  accept the #2 role with a team in the interest of extending  his career,  I think Sam still has some football in him,  but I question if he has a full season in him at the level we saw in week 1 or even many times last year.

If we are getting these reports on Teddy and he is willing to sign a prove it type deal,  I am all for going with him,  but only if this is legit and not some sort of angling precursor to the silly season.

I just don't know.... 

I continue to be in the camp where I favor Sam and Case over Teddy.  I don't care about age, I just want to win.  This team has a 3 year window (maybe) with an elite defense (Philly was an aberration).   With blocking, Sam is the best choice and it's not close, but you never know when the knee will give out again.  Case is a gamer, and more than a game manager.   Teddy is a great guy and read defenses well, he just couldn't (then) throw an accurate deep ball, and we all know his injury.