Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings notes today...
Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"greediron" said:
1?  I only ever remember Rhodes.
Rhodes got hurt and might have missed plays but I pretty sure he was fine and played the next week, so it's not like he out for a season.  This is a case of if you repeat something over and over again it must be true. Yes, Sandejo plays fast and hits hard, sounds like a Safety I want on my team.  

(not saying the "repeat" thing is from you just in general from a few over the years)

Feels good to have been defending Sandejo for over 3 years (since he won the job) and seeing/noting improvement every year and posting such on here throughout 3.5 years.  Now it seems everyone who wanted him gone can see is he is player.  I also always tried to use Sandejo as an example of an older player can get better.  He improved every year under Zimmer and is a very legit starting Safety on the best defense in football.  

Not only can a 3rd year WR improve but a free agent 29 year old Safety can improve...kinda like a 29 year old free agent QB can improve.  That shows good coaching.  
Sendejo, sendejo, sendejo.

And I have been defending him for just as long.  But the question was, how many of our players has he hurt.  I only remember Rhodes.  Was it the Philly game last year, or has it been 2 years?

Rhodes was hurt and missed the rest of the game IIRC.  He used to be much more reckless, not so much in the last season or 2.  And he is a sound safety, allowing Zimmer to move Smith around.

at least he hasn't broken a teammate's femur yet like another safety whose name rhymes with Samarca Janesford  Wink

It was San Diego at TCF no?