Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings notes today...
Kevin Seifert NFL Nation Vikings S Andrew Sendejo (concussion) will participate in a portion of practice today. He is still in the concussion protocol, but coach Mike Zimmer said he would be "fine."
Case Keenum speaking at the podium: "I know this is what you guys all predicted: A [Nick] Foles vs. Keenum NFC Championship Game."

The Vikings are spending a lot of time preparing for the slick turf in Philadelphia. DE Everson Griffen said he will experiment with seven-stud cleats. Coach Mike Zimmer also showed the team a cut-up video of players slipping on the turf in previous games.
Vikings coach Mike Zimmer talked to players this morning about capitalizing on opportunities, according to TE Kyle Rudolph. Zimmer told them he has been coaching in the NFL since 1994 and went to the Super Bowl with the Cowboys in 1995. He hasn't been back to an NFC/AFC Championship Game since.

Sounds encouraging about Sendejo...  we really need him this week.

I remember not long ago when having Sendejo was about the same as not having Sendejo.  When he played I thought he was as likely to take out one of our own guys as one of the opponents.  Not so anymore.  The man has become a real good player. We need him.

Question. How many of his own players did Sendejo actually ever hurt while playing a violent game called football?

1?  I only ever remember Rhodes.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
Question. How many of his own players did Sendejo actually ever hurt while playing a violent game called football?
you know how internet legends are created... I am sure the body count is in the hundreds by now.

Adam Thielen (back) absent on Wednesday                   
[Image: 9054.jpg]
Adam Thielen (back) didn't practice on Wednesday.

He's reportedly dealing with a lower back injury. Thielen seemed fine in the Divisional Round—he played 75-of-79 snaps in a win over New Orleans—so it's possible the Vikings are simply treating Wednesday as a maintenance day for their best receiver. It would be a shock if he doesn't suit up for Sunday's NFC title game in Philly.                    

I got a Thielen..., hope he is okay.  Monster game by him while being shadowed by their best CB. 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
I don't remember that anyone else missed time but we have seen his teammates taking the brunt of his flying, armless tackles harder than the offensive player on multiple occasions.  I do believe Harrison at least sat out a few plays from one (not this season).

Quote: @"greediron" said:
1?  I only ever remember Rhodes.
Rhodes got hurt and might have missed plays but I am pretty sure he was fine and played the next week, so it's not like he was out for a season.  This is a case of,  if you repeat something over and over again it must be true. Yes, Sandejo plays fast and hits hard, sounds like a Safety I want on my team.  

(not saying the "repeat" thing is from you but just in general from a few over the years)

Feels good to have been defending Sandejo for over 3 years (since he won the job) and seeing/noting improvement every year and posting such on here throughout 3.5 years.  Now it seems everyone who wanted him gone can see he is a good player. 

I also always tried to use Sandejo as an example of an older player can get better.  Many fans are so impatient with every player to the point that they can fathom improvement.  They make a decision, paint themselves in a corner, and then don't back down.  Their was a crew of at least 5-8 regular posters who just grilled Sandejo at every chance.  Remember last year after an nice Int vs Philly he only brought the ball back to the 2 yard line and this crew was all over him for not getting in the end zone...too funny.  Sandejo has improved every year under Zimmer and is a very legit starting Safety on the best defense in football.  

Not only can a 3rd year WR improve but a free agent 29 year old Safety can improve...kinda like a 29 year old free agent QB can improve.  That shows good coaching.