Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I get one good reason Treadwell is on the team in 2018?
Just like Waynes, some wanted to label him a bust and move on.  Silly to think a young talented player isn't worth developing.  2nd year WR, yeah, I think he is worth the time and patience.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
So many excuses for this guy. You'd think with all the coverage geared toward Thielen/Diggs, he'd get some sneaky catches or a TD or two. Nope. Nada. 
Exactly, he's doing absolutely nothing while always seeing the defense's 3rd or 4th best CB.

These games in the playoffs are too evenly matched and too important to have a player on the field simply taking up space.  Even if you think he has potential, which I don't, I don't see how you can argue that he should be out there on the field during the playoffs.

Cuz Rick's ego trumps the coaches game plan.  Of course, Zimmer and Shumur figure they don't need to win as much as keep Rick's ego stroked.

SMH

Quote: @greediron said:
Just like Waynes, some wanted to label him a bust and move on.  Silly to think a young talented player isn't worth developing.  2nd year WR, yeah, I think he is worth the time and patience.
A corner is on an island.  And Wayne's showed signs like Rhodes did.  He made mistakes, but Zimmer knows secondary.

Treadwell has shown nothing.  Ever.  It would be comparable to a corner who gets targeted by the opposing qb and fails.  There are other guys that want his time and will do more. 

I'm thinking Floyd is gone for sure, which means that Coley is more likely to be active, right?  And when Wright accepted an incentive-based contract re-write to stay here, did he also get to be a free agent after the season?

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@greediron said:
A corner is on an island.  And Wayne's showed signs like Rhodes did.  He made mistakes, but Zimmer knows secondary.

Treadwell has shown nothing.  Ever.  It would be comparable to a corner who gets targeted by the opposing qb and fails.  There are other guys that want his time and will do more. 
He starts in the NFL, so hyperbole not withstanding, I will take the coaches actions over the opinions here.  Waynes had the same rants against him and Zimmer knew nothing and it was only Rick's ego that kept him on the team.

25 games played.  8 starts.  

38 targets.  21 receptions.  215 yards. 

First round pick. 

Quote: @A1Janitor said:

First round pick. 
Brutal. Any way you slice it.

Hell - CP has 83 catches for 762 yards.  4 tds. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@A1Janitor said:

First round pick. 
Brutal. Any way you slice it.
I swear I have seen a different season this year with Treadwell and Keenum than others here.