Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Floyd to be Suspended 4 Games
Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
How many times has this guy been busted for substance abuse?
I don't think you can get busted for substance abuse can you? But he has been busted several times for substance related issues. Like DUI and such. 

Kind of the worst case scenario I expected.  2 games was probably best case.  I don't think it really changes anything today.  But come camp time, he's going to make that much more of an impression to say "I'm worth waiting for".  

"Already on thin ice with his new team, Floyd's four-game ban gives the Vikings a ready-made excuse to move on."

That's pretty speculative or downright BS. I haven't seen any indication that Vikings management has stopped supporting Floyd, and I think they expected this suspension when they signed him.

It isn't good news and the Kombucha crap definitely has a bit of a "whizzinator" feel, but I still think the team will give him a chance to get his life in order. No idea if he really will, of course.

Not surprised by this at all.  Kind of doubt he'll win an appeal, nothing back this, just a gut feeling.  I was happy when they signed him and hope he'll end up being a contributor to this offense.

I think this is his first suspension as a result of alcohol in the NFL.   He got caught in college once or maybe twice.

4 games was best case in my mind. Was fearing 6. 

I think the appeals are over prior to the announcement of suspensions.

Is this Final?  Or can he get more if the Kombucha tea thing comes back and he is lying about failed tests?? 

Whats the roster spot implications? Does this give us some flex????

I expected him to miss 4-games, so it doesn't really change anything. Nice window for Treadwell to establish himself.

Better than I expected, I thought Goodell would be angry at Floyd practically skating on the positive test and the seemingly ridiculous tea defense. 

33-71 targets with Tom Brady throwing?  Dude must have been blowing a .21 on the field last year...