Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does it really matter who?
No, of course it doesn't matter who the QB is if that QB wins the Super Bowl. What matters is the QB they commit to in the off season. That said, the ideal situation is that this QB is one and the same. And therein lies the dilemma.

our long term solution for QB has little to do with the rest of this season

Quote: @Poiple said:
our long term solution for QB has little to do with the rest of this season
two separate conversations typically,  unless we are talking about the reports of Teddy not being active and Sam is.  That to me might talk to the coaches confidence in Teddys abilities or durability vs Sams.

Not to me.   you wont find a bigger Teddy fan than me.
 But there is no way that I want to see him playing in this years playoffs.   He isnt ready.  I wish he was but he isnt.   I dont blame him. An off season and a training camp getting first team reps and then some meaningful time at preseason and THEN I look forward to him bringing home back to back Lombardis

Quote: @Poiple said:
Not to me.   you wont find a bigger Teddy fan than me.
 But there is no way that I want to see him playing in this years playoffs.   He isnt ready.  I wish he was but he isnt.   I dont blame him. An off season and a training camp getting first team reps and then some meaningful time at preseason and THEN I look forward to him bringing home back to back Lombardis
thats my point,   we dont know if he is ready or not.  all we know is that he isnt above Sam,  who IMO has as many questions regarding his knees and rust and hearing footsteps and all the other crap we've heard about Teddy.    I dont see the huge difference in Sam being away for essentially 4 months and back a week,  vs Teddy being gone for about 14 months but now having been practicing for 3 months.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Skodin said:

If I was willing to accept 4# holding the Lombardi in Purple, I’m good with whomever brings a championship home
That is a GREAT example of what I'm talking about. Well said.
mine isnt to say that the team success doesnt trump my wanting Teddy to succeed.  its a have a cake and eat it too thing for me in this instance but I am always team first.
Totally get that, jimmy. I'm really speaking to the fans that will have a little shine of a big win if Teddy isn't the QB. Or have tried to marginalize a great season by Keenum (MaroonBells) because they are Teddy fanboys. I just don't get that part. Its certainly their right to feel however they'd like, but...I'd take Betty White rolling to her left and firing a 7 yard TD to Diggs to win the game Sunday all day long. It doesn't matter to me who, just that it happens.
That is what I don't get.  Having a different opinion, reading the tale of the tape a bit differently and so you have to call them out and call them names.

I don't care who wins the first SB for us.  Right now, I am hoping Case because that means we sail through with the least amount of drama.  He is our QB for this year. 

Next year?  I will debate that in the offseason. Likely I will be wrong, because I am a Viking fan through and through. 

Nope, dont care who as long as there is a win in my lifetime...

Fan of the team more than any one individual player. 

To me Case is a much more seasoned Vet who has a better arm, reads defenses better, has played in this system and played more recently. 
I dont think Sam is anyone’s longterm answer as a franchise qb.  Teddy might be ours.  
It would be a great story to see Teddy step in and win a superbowl.  It doesnt seem realistic or fair to expect it though

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Skodin said:

If I was willing to accept 4# holding the Lombardi in Purple, I’m good with whomever brings a championship home
That is a GREAT example of what I'm talking about. Well said.
mine isnt to say that the team success doesnt trump my wanting Teddy to succeed.  its a have a cake and eat it too thing for me in this instance but I am always team first.
Totally get that, jimmy. I'm really speaking to the fans that will have a little shine of a big win if Teddy isn't the QB. Or have tried to marginalize a great season by Keenum (MaroonBells) because they are Teddy fanboys. I just don't get that part. Its certainly their right to feel however they'd like, but...I'd take Betty White rolling to her left and firing a 7 yard TD to Diggs to win the game Sunday all day long. It doesn't matter to me who, just that it happens.
So stating my opinion on our QBs as honestly and objectively as I possibly can makes me a fanboy? Fuck you. 

I think people question objectivity when they prefer Teddy to Sam.  Its hard to be objective with Teddy’s great story.  

In the end the coaches are the only ones who really know and we are all just guessing.  Not worth fighting about.