Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does it really matter who?
I mean, honestly...does anyone care who gets us to the Super Bowl at QB? This year or next year? Doesn't it just matter that it happens? Keenum, Bradford, Teddy, Mother Goose, who gives a shit? I like Teddy as much as the next fan, but if he goes somewhere else next season, then he does. The team is freaking 13-3 with Keenum; who could have done better? Wins is what this all about. 

And I say this willing to totally get behind Teddy again if that's the route they go in 2018. But, IF....IF the rumors are true about deactivating a healthy Bridgewater to put Bradford in at #2 for this game, then the writing is on the wall. The Vikings have a golden opportunity to play at home all the way to and including the Super Bowl. The time is right now. There's no time for potential hurt feelings, etc., grab the freaking moment by the neck. If the team feels Bradford gives them a better shot of cleaning up after an ineffective/injured Keenum in the game Sunday, then I applaud them. Look what Nick Saban did in the CFB championship game, that took BALLS. Luck favors the bold.

I care about the jersey, not the name on the back. Let's put the guys out there than give the team the best opportunity to win in any circumstance.

I care,  I want to see the Vikes succeed,  but I would also like to see them succeed with Teddy at QB in the future.  However considering how little we as fans really know about the health and abilities of our QBs,  I am perfectly comfortable with those that are in the know to choose the best option for the team and to run with it... we will get over it.. eventually.    well some of us will anyway.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I care,  I want to see the Vikes succeed,  but I would also like to see them succeed with Teddy at QB in the future.  However considering how little we as fans really know about the health and abilities of our QBs,  I am perfectly comfortable with those that are in the know to choose the best option for the team and to run with it... we will get over it.. eventually.    well some of us will anyway.
We differ. I just want them to succeed. I don't care who. I like Teddy, he's a great kid obviously. But so is Case. And so is Sam. I wish them all well. I'll get behind whomever. I'm emotionally pragmatic as a fan.

I can understand wanting to do it with our guy, a drafted pick, a guy we watched grow
up in the system, Teddy as example but there is something special about doing it with a guy like Case, being undrafted etc. 

If I was willing to accept 4# holding the Lombardi in Purple, I’m good with whomever brings a championship home

Quote: @Skodin said:

If I was willing to accept 4# holding the Lombardi in Purple, I’m good with whomever brings a championship home
That is a GREAT example of what I'm talking about. Well said.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Skodin said:

mine isnt to say that the team success doesnt trump my wanting Teddy to succeed.  its a have a cake and eat it too thing for me in this instance but I am always team first.

@StickyBun said:
@Skodin said:

mine isnt to say that the team success doesnt trump my wanting Teddy to succeed.  its a have a cake and eat it too thing for me in this instance but I am always team first.
Totally get that, jimmy. I'm really speaking to the fans that will have a little shine of a big win if Teddy isn't the QB. Or have tried to marginalize a great season by Keenum (MaroonBells) because they are Teddy fanboys. I just don't get that part. Its certainly their right to feel however they'd like, but...I'd take Betty White rolling to her left and firing a 7 yard TD to Diggs to win the game Sunday all day long. It doesn't matter to me who, just that it happens.

@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Skodin said:

Totally get that, jimmy. I'm really speaking to the fans that will have a little shine of a big win if Teddy isn't the QB. Or have tried to marginalize a great season by Keenum (MaroonBells) because they are Teddy fanboys. I just don't get that part. Its certainly their right to feel however they'd like, but...I'd take Betty White rolling to her left and firing a 7 yard TD to Diggs to win the game Sunday all day long. It doesn't matter to me who, just that it happens.

whoa that changes everything... if you can sign Betty White... fuck Teddy.

@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Skodin said:

@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Skodin said:

classic... i really miss the days when the superbowl was full of that type of creativity in the ads... now its just a matter of who can make us say WTF louder.