Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Keenum outplay Brees?
Quote: @Maple Surple said:
He doesn't have to
Didn't hear that Brees moved to a Safety/Linebacker/DL hybrid?

Both our Offense and Defense need to play soundly.  This one is not on Keenum to outplay Brees.  And don't forget about Special Teams...there is a pivotal role there as well.

Like everyone else said, Keenum is going against a middle
tier defense.
Brees is going against the best defense in the league.

Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

Ball control....we dominant time of possession and keep our D fresh we will win. I think Murray and McKinnon need to really step up for this game and keep our ground game chugging.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Ball control....we dominant time of possession and keep our D fresh we will win. I think Murray and McKinnon need to really step up for this game and keep our ground game chugging.
OL is so key...

What's the best way to stop Brees?   
Bring a Hunter https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/201...hunter.jpg

Quote: @prairieghost said:
The Vikings O has largley been successful at reliably getting the ball into the hands of their playmakers and let them get the yards. Its their job to move those chains.
 Shumar will surely pick a few opportunities to throw deep to keep them honest but it is the relentless YAC that drives this O.

Quote: @PapaScott said:
What's the best way to stop Brees?   
Bring a Hunter https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/201...hunter.jpg

[Image: saints-ddddvikings-football.jpg?w=620]

Keep this guy doing this as much as possible:

[Image: hi-res-181572542-drew-brees-of-the-new-o...h=433&q=85]

See, this is where the media invites false realities. We all know Keenum doesn't have to outplay Brees. He has to outplay the Saints defense. And Brees has to outplay ours. But if the Vikings win, regardless of how our defense plays or our offensive line or how great or poorly Keenum plays, the narrative will be that "Keenum outplayed Brees."

And if he wins the Super Bowl he's suddenly a better QB than Favre. Or Tarkenton. Or Marino.

C.O.N.T.E.X.T.