Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Of My Favorites @ #32 Declared
@StickyBun said:If the rumors end up being true and Rashod Hill starts at RT Sunday, I think the odds are good that is the team's starter at that position in 2018. IMO, Remmers is a better suited to OG. From what I've read recently, Remmers isn't in love with this line change (with him at guard) but he's doing it begrudgingly.

Might change how things play out in the Draft.Where did you hear that? I agree with you that we're better with Hill outside and Remmers inside, so I'm curious about this...

We may draft a G but I think we have a chance to have our RG be Isidora as well. We need a LT high for sure.

I personally thing Harrison has some limitations and is a solid 2nd round prospect. He doesn't necessarily fit the bill for what the Vikings look for athletically in their DB's either. But maybe he proves me wrong at the combine. 

If you really want to focus on safeties, Jordan Whitehead would be a better system fit in MN. 

If the Vikings select a player from Alabama in the 1st round then I hope it will be ...

[Image: daron-payne-of-the-alabama-crimson-tide-...?s=612x612]
Da'Ron Payne DT 6'2" 310

Before this season, he was timed at 5.03 after running a 4.93 40 last spring. He also benched pressed 545 pounds.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
If the Vikings select a player from Alabama in the 1st round then I hope it will be ...

Da'Ron Payne DT 6'2" 310

Before this season, he was timed at 5.03 after running a 4.93 40 last spring. He also benched pressed 545 pounds.

Hmm...Great minds think alike Smile

I think we'd have to trade up a good 10+ slots for Mr Payne...unless he has some ugly medical checks or tells a doctor to fuck off during his exam...

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:

Da'Ron Payne DT 6'2" 310

but how long are his arms?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MarkSP18 said:

Da'Ron Payne DT 6'2" 310

but how long are his arms?
That's a good question and one I had not thought about.  Smile

Not to say anything is wrong with Alabama players, but MN has definitely avoided them in past drafts. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Not to say anything is wrong with Alabama players, but MN has definitely avoided them in past drafts. 
they seem to have a lot of them drafted high but you rarely hear much about them down the road.  is there any stat out there that has busts by college?  some programs just dont seem to make pros even though have decent success in college.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
they seem to have a lot of them drafted high but you rarely hear much about them down the road.  is there any stat out there that has busts by college?  some programs just dont seem to make pros even though have decent success in college.
There is a long documented history of Alabama having durability concerns. Its kind of a chew you up spit you out program. Some teams really hone in on the winning culture like Baltimore. Others avoid them all together since they don't want players with a ton of wear.