Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Of My Favorites @ #32 Declared
Ronnie Harrison - DB - Crimson TideAL.com's Matt Zenitz reports that Alabama junior S Ronnie Harrison will forego his final season of eligibility to enter the 2018 NFL Draft.

Harrison (6'3/216) was named an All-SEC first-teamer for his work during the 2017 campaign. He logged 74 tackles (4.5 for loss), three sacks and three interceptions for the season. The trio of picks are nothing new -- Harrison has at least two of them in each of his three years in Tuscaloosa. While he's not as much an athletic specimen as fellow S Minkah Fitzpatrick, Harrison is a smart player with plus-instincts and a tough customer against the run. On the side of demerit, Walter Football's Charlie Campbell has been less-than-impressed by his work in man-to-man coverage and sees his best fit at the NFL level coming in a zone scheme. We expect him to be swept off the board on Day 1 this spring, early on Day 2 at the latest.
Harry and the Harrison patrolling the deep secondary...sign me up...

Could get harry back there. Your Best Defense: Harry, Harry and Rhodes. Yeah, I could get on board with that. 

I'll tell you, that CFP Championship Game didn't get nearly enough conversation on this board. It was one of THE BEST football games I have ever seen. Quality of play and players on the field was amazing. So much NFL talent between Bama & UGA, ridiculous. 

Not to stray too far, the guy I fell in love with this year is Da'Ron Payne...I dont know if he projects to 3t or more over the center, but if he's a 3t guy? Giddyup! 

https://sports.yahoo.com/alabama-defensi...35781.html

If the rumors end up being true and Rashod Hill starts at RT Sunday, I think the odds are good that is the team's starter at that position in 2018. IMO, Remmers is a better suited to OG. From what I've read recently, Remmers isn't in love with this line change (with him at guard) but he's doing it begrudgingly.

Might change how things play out in the Draft.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
If the rumors end up being true and Rashod Hill starts at RT Sunday, I think the odds are good that is the team's starter at that position in 2018. IMO, Remmers is a better suited to OG. From what I've read recently, Remmers isn't in love with this line change (with him at guard) but he's doing it begrudgingly.

Agree.  I really like Hill and think he's gotten better and better.  Give him one year as the RT, and I think he'll be ready to play LT in 2019.

Not sure if Reiff is playing hurt lately, but his past few games haven't been great.  

Also -- How about that Aviante Collins guy!  Loved watching him come in and play blocking TE.  Huge dude with great feet.

Quote: @SmashmouthD said:
@StickyBun said:

Agree.  I really like Hill and think he's gotten better and better.  Give him one year as the RT, and I think he'll be ready to play LT in 2019.

Not sure if Reiff is playing hurt lately, but his past few games haven't been great.  

Also -- How about that Aviante Collins guy!  Loved watching him come in and play blocking TE.  Huge dude with great feet.
Collins is the guy with real upside. Very athletic. But raw. Needs to add some weight. If he can evolve to the point that he's the backup swing OT on next year's team, that would be huge. He needs more playing time in practice with the #2s. Probably not as long framed/limbed at is the typical OT. 

I really like Hill a ton. I thought that was a huge move by MN to pluck him from Jacksonville. I think we have our starting 5 for a while. I really like Isidora and he will provide great depth at G. I am really excited but we still need a LT high in the draft this year.

Quote: @Canthony said:
@StickyBun said:

I really like Hill a ton. I thought that was a huge move by MN to pluck him from Jacksonville. I think we have our starting 5 for a while. I really like Isidora and he will provide great depth at G. I am really excited but we still need a LT high in the draft this year.
Hill took that quantum leap of improvement when he played all of those snaps with the number 1s when Reiff was injured all preseason. Night and day almost. Hill is huge: tall and long limbed. Prototypical for OT.

@Canthony said:
@StickyBun said:

Hill took that quantum leap of improvement when he played all of those snaps with the number 1s when Reiff was injured all preseason. Night and day almost. Hill is huge: tall and long limbed. Prototypical for OT.

I agree with this. That really helped him also gel with this line as well. Get the feel on how the line works and what their tendencies are. This was virtually an all new line.
I really liked how Hill looked last year as well. I think it is safe to say that we finally got some luck when it came to finding player talent.

Where did you hear that? I agree with you that we're better with Hill outside and Remmers inside, so I'm curious about this...