Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will you celebrate if the Vikings win it all?
We board a plane Feb 5th (Monday) for Hawaii. We specifically chose that date and time (1 pm) so we could watch the Super Bowl and not have to get up early the next morning.

So if we lose in the playoffs, we'll still watch the Super Bowl, then go to Hawaii.

If we lose the Super Bowl, we go to Hawaii and I won't read or watch shit about it.

If we win, I'll DVR every football show while we're gone, pick up a newspaper in every city that we travel through and party my ass off for two weeks. Come home and relive it..... over and over..... 

I'm going to quit smoking.  I may also quit my job and join a hippy commune.  Smile

I have no idea for sure, but I'm still taking it a game at a time. I've day dreamed about them winning it all, of course, but haven't taken that last step on how I'd celebrate it. I'm guessing I'd be emotional, but I think I might actually be numb. It would be surreal for awhile initially.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I have no idea for sure, but I'm still taking it a game at a time. I've day dreamed about them winning it all, of course, but haven't taken that last step on how I'd celebrate it. I'm guessing I'd be emotional, but I think I might actually be numb. It would be surreal for awhile initially.
I have a feeling it might actually be a little anti-climactic.  After all these years, we've put it up there so high that I'm not sure it could live up to it.  But I'd like to find out! 

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@StickyBun said:
I have a feeling it might actually be a little anti-climactic.  After all these years, we've put it up there so high that I'm not sure it could live up to it.  But I'd like to find out! 
Agreed, at least initially. Then, given a day or so, absorbing everything online there'll be to read and watch about the win, the gravity of it would hit me eventually. 

I have 4 weeks vacation.... who knows,  but I am betting their will be tears involved as I think of all the Vikings fans that have passed without getting to experience  what a SB victory feels like.

After the paramedics revive me and I'm able to get off the floor...I think I'll drink a couple more beers and toast the Minnesota Vikings as Super Bowl Champions.   Later, I'll call everyone of my football fans (mostly Dallas, Green Bay and New England fans) and reek havoc over all of them.  SKOL VIKES!!

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@KingBash said:
As pathetic as it is, a Vikings Super Bowl victory would be a pinnacle in my life. I'm a pretty simple man. It's something I've waited to check off my bucket list my entire life. 

I don't want a wife or kids, so 56 jocks making millions is logically the most important thing in my life right now. If they win, I'm really not gonna know what to do with myself...

I think I'm gonna treat myself to a nice bottle of Johnny Blue (never pay that much for booze), a pack of Camels (quit smoking years ago but fuck it), and try to convince my dickhead friends who don't care about the Vikings whatsoever to go out on the town with me. After that, and this is the most important part: sober February. Not a drop. I usually handle football season pretty heavily drinking-wise, but it always ends for us by January, which is recovery month. Not the case this year, and I'm physically drained. We go hard all day Saturday for college ball, all day Sunday for Vikings/NFL, MNF, and then TNF... I need a break. 

What are you gonna do if the clock hits 0:00 and confetti is falling on the purple?
Whatever you do, forget the Camels. I've never been much of a smoker, but I quit altogether around 2010. Best decision I ever made. Then, my mother in law decided that she was going to come visit the one weekend she was explicitly told NOT to come...draft weekend 2013. I bought her, my wife and kids a weekend in the mountains. In their absence, I watched the Floyd, Rhodes, Patterson draft with a fresh pack of cigs. Thought that would last the weekend. Nearly 5 years later, I'm still smoking. 
I like a heater when I tailgate and have some liquor, but that's it. I smoked for years when I was younger. tough habit. Flip to Nicorette MB...

Well I'll be with about 125 Vikings fans at our Fan Bar. So I imagine alot of high 5s and a ridiculous amt of hugs. I suspect I will physically be worn out as well as emotionally! I can't wait! Lots of tears will be shed that I am certain of! Within a week I'm getting a tattoo memorializing the 1st SB win!

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Back in ‘87, ‘98 and ‘09 I day dreamed about how I’d rub it in to all those who gave me grief over the years for not being able to win the big one.
Now, I think I’ll just chill and not say anything, knowing that they think I’m going to rub it in. It will keep them on edge for a very long time.