Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case's Cinderella Story Ending?
Cannot believe how many here are doubting Case.

Guys gonna play great this weekend.

Vikes 27-17

Quote: @NodakViking said:
@HappyViking said:
@Kentis said:
I don’t know Happy, but to tell the truth I didn’t think much of Tarkenton when he was playing either!  Wink
Fran was a true gamer that was also was very accurate.  Yeah, he rarely threw spirals, and his deep ball was usually these high floating rainbows, but somehow he got the job done.

I agree Case is a bit like that.  He looks awkward at times, and doesn't always throw with the zip or velocity you'd like, but he's getting the job done.

Case is a leader, and hopefully his best is yet to come.
Unfortunately Fran didn't get it done 4 times.......:#
3 times.  Joe Kapp didn’t get it done the other time.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Keenum vs Brees doesn't sound like a fair fight and I'm sure thats where the Saints fans take comfort.

Frankly, as they should. Brees is 1st ballot HOF and Case still needs to prove himself on a big stage.

At the beginning of the season, if someone from the future told you that the Vikes would be the #2 seed in the playoffs, and this would be the QB matchup for the first game, you'd laugh in their face and say they were out of their mind.  On top of that, you'd think there wouldn't be a chance in hell the Vikings could complete with Case at QB.

What a wonderfully strange season this has been.

Quote: @OBM said:
Cannot believe how many here are doubting Case.

Guys gonna play great this weekend.

Vikes 27-17
There are reasons to doubt him.  He is getting it done but there isn't a long history of shorter weak armed QB's having success in the NFL and there is some question about his accuracy.   His play has been good and he's not making mistakes but long term does his skill set lead to long term success?  IDK

If he plays good in the playoffs more doubts will be put aside, it's not like just some rubes doubt, him everyone in the NFL front offices and coaching staffs doubted him up until about 3-4 months ago so it's not some minority off the wall opinion.  

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@purplefaithful said:
Keenum vs Brees doesn't sound like a fair fight and I'm sure thats where the Saints fans take comfort.

Frankly, as they should. Brees is 1st ballot HOF and Case still needs to prove himself on a big stage.

At the beginning of the season, if someone from the future told you that the Vikes would be the #2 seed in the playoffs, and this would be the QB matchup for the first game, you'd laugh in their face and say they were out of their mind.  On top of that, you'd think there wouldn't be a chance in hell the Vikings could complete with Case at QB.

What a wonderfully strange season this has been.
It's been a GREAT SEASON...13/3 is tough to achieve. I like Case, want to see him succeed on a forward basis and especially in the playoffs.

My further measurement of him will come this weekend. When inevitably the game calls on him to make a play or 2 or 3, can he/will he be able to do it? 

Sure hope so, I want Cinderella, not pumpkins as MB would say. 

Quote: @NodakViking said:
@HappyViking said:
@Kentis said:
I don’t know Happy, but to tell the truth I didn’t think much of Tarkenton when he was playing either!  Wink
Fran was a true gamer that was also was very accurate.  Yeah, he rarely threw spirals, and his deep ball was usually these high floating rainbows, but somehow he got the job done.

I agree Case is a bit like that.  He looks awkward at times, and doesn't always throw with the zip or velocity you'd like, but he's getting the job done.

Case is a leader, and hopefully his best is yet to come.
Unfortunately Fran didn't get it done 4 times.......:#

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
Honestly I think the Vikings have been playing these last three games, in which the opponents were really inferior, very conservatively on offense.  Let the defense dominate and the offense play off of that.  Usually teams really focus on the last three or four games in order to gameplan.  The Vikings are laying in the weeds and may come out of the BYE guns blazing.
Agreed.  And one of the games was bitter cold out as well.  Cinci laid down, GB and the Bears weren't much threat.  So our offense plan was very conservative.  Hopefully Case and the WRs can open up and score some points this weekend.

cinderellas story ended with the prince, right?

Cases story equivliant would be ending holding a Super Bowl trophy and receiving a blank check during free agency. 

People keep wanting a definitive answer to that question and there just isn't one. I agree with Nodak: the longer he goes, the more "real" he becomes. If he wins the Super Bowl, he's even "realer." But not even a Super Bowl victory can sufficiently answer the question about whether or not he's deserving of a franchise role and the contract to go with it. 

He's a smart, fiery leader with good poise and movement in the pocket. He's even better outside the pocket. He's got some IT factor. He's a good fit for what Shurmur is doing. 

He's also a smallish QB with average field vision, below average arm strength and questionable accuracy that gets worse the deeper he throws...he would not be a fit in many NFL offenses. 

Regardless of what happens, all of those things will be taken into consideration.

It is kind of interesting that many here do not mention that Case actually had less starts than Bridgewater to begin this season.  And he NEVER was given the #1 QB duties during the off season and was groomed to be the starter.  Teddy was for one year at least.  Of course this comes with not getting drafted vs being drafted in the 1st round. 

But it still speaks to Case's development as a QB.  He now has 38 starts and has gone 20-18.  He has completed 62% of his passes with 46 TDS and 27 INTs.  Not bad really.

I think the one thing that he is not getting enough credit for this year is his ability to avoid sacks and extend plays by moving around and scrambling.  He has kept alive many plays by doing this which in turn has allowed the receivers to work themselves open.  I do not know how many but both Diggs and Thielen have made a good number of catches in these situations.  At least 10 each I would say over the course of the season and probably more.

His mobility is understated and his passer rating when outside the pocket is best in the league (if I am not mistaken).

Gonna be tough to not offer him a new deal after the season he has completed especially if they win this week and even moreso if they make the Super Bowl.

How can the Vikings not offer him the starting role if they make the Super Bowl?

That would be gutsy.