Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case's Cinderella Story Ending?
I know many still don't think Case is a "real" starter, and he's just riding on Pat's playcalling and his "lucky horseshoe".  I thought that was mostly true up until after the bye when this team dismantled the Rams.  Now I believe he's doing his job very well, and has earned the starting QB role.  I've read quotes in news articles, posts on this board, and the talking heads on TV all wondering when Case turns back into the Pumpkin that he was before joining the Vikes.

Is this the game we find out if he's "for real" or not?  Meaning, if we get killed, or lose by having a crappy offense, then we know Case turned into that "Pumpkin" many believed he eventually would?  What about if we win, and Case has a nice game?  Do those that thought he's just living a charmed life finally believe he's actually a quality NFL QB?

Personally, I think he's a gamer; works hard getting ready for games and that's why he's having his best season.  I believe if he shows up and leads this offense to a win, he's earned everyone's respect, and we can quit with the Cinderella/Pumpkin crap.  It will take more than any lucky horseshoe to beat this Saints team.

Anyway, if we lose, the Cinderella story is over.  But, if we win, is that enough to earn the respect he should have?

I guess we'll find out...  B)

all i know is that he has a short leash if he turns into a pumpkin. Zim knows what he has in this defense, the offensive threats and HFA. He’ll pull Case if he needs to

The longer he goes playing effective and smart football the more 'real' he becomes.  Like any starting QB the real test comes after they play several games and a number of good defenses.  Often times the league will figure out a how t defense a QB/offense after enough film is available/

So far he has managed to keep it going though in my eyes this is that critical time when he likely faces good teams again with a lot on the line.  His recently play has been effective but maybe unspectacular, but he hasn't needed to be spectacular.  He may be asked to be that sometime in the next 3-4 weeks, will he rise to that?

If he does he'll have earned his shot at big money and the adulation of a top tier QB, then he has to repeat it to become one of the few true franchise QB's.

I don’t know Happy, but to tell the truth I didn’t think much of Tarkenton when he was playing either!  Wink

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I know many still don't think Case isn't a "real" starter, and he's just riding on Pat's playcalling and his "lucky horseshoe".  I thought that was mostly true up until after the bye when this team dismantled the Rams.  Now I believe he's doing his job very well, and has earned the starting QB role.  I've read quotes in news articles, posts on this board, and the talking heads on TV all wondering when Case turns back into the Pumpkin that he was before joining the Vikes.

Is this the game we find out if he's "for real" or not?  Meaning, if we get killed, or lose by having a crappy offense, then we know Case turned into that "Pumpkin" many believed he eventually would?  What about if we win, and Case has a nice game?  Do those that thought he's just living a charmed life finally believe he's actually a quality NFL QB?

Personally, I think he's a gamer; works hard getting ready for games and that's why he's having his best season.  I believe if he shows up and leads this offense to a win, he's earned everyone's respect, and we can quit with the Cinderella/Pumpkin crap.  It will take more than any lucky horseshoe to beat this Saints team.

Anyway, if we lose, the Cinderella story is over.  But, if we win, is that enough to earn the respect he should have?

I guess we'll find out...  B)
After the Washington game, I figured his run had come to an end.  But instead, he took Zimmer's criticism and has played much better since then.  He cut down on the bonehead throws and really has been a solid QB.

Now I think much of his success is due to good play calling and some good fortune.  But he is gritty, a good leader and has won me over.  I think he is a perfect fit right now for this team.

i hope case can get it done. he is a huge concern for me, the playoffs are a whole new beast. it is usually all about the qb play. hopefully this team is balanced enough to help case pull through. go vikes!

Quote: @Kentis said:
I don’t know Happy, but to tell the truth I didn’t think much of Tarkenton when he was playing either!  Wink
Fran was a true gamer that was also was very accurate.  Yeah, he rarely threw spirals, and his deep ball was usually these high floating rainbows, but somehow he got the job done.

I agree Case is a bit like that.  He looks awkward at times, and doesn't always throw with the zip or velocity you'd like, but he's getting the job done.

Case is a leader, and hopefully his best is yet to come.

Keenum vs Brees doesn't sound like a fair fight and I'm sure thats where the Saints fans take comfort.

Frankly, as they should. Brees is 1st ballot HOF and Case still needs to prove himself on a big stage.

Football is the ultimate team game and this game like almost all of em will get decided in the trenches. That said, we'll see if Case can rise to this occasion when its really needed.

He's got the home cooking going for him, a good OL, solid running game, 2 very good WR's, a good TE in Rudy and a great D. The table is set for him.

ITs his time to shine or continue to be labeled a bridge, back-up or tier 2 guy. I think we need to score 26 to win this one. 

I hope its Cinderella time and not pumpkin time. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@Kentis said:
Fran was a true gamer that was also was very accurate.  Yeah, he rarely threw spirals, and his deep ball was usually these high floating rainbows, but somehow he got the job done.

I agree Case is a bit like that.  He looks awkward at times, and doesn't always throw with the zip or velocity you'd like, but he's getting the job done.

Case is a leader, and hopefully his best is yet to come.
Unfortunately Fran didn't get it done 4 times.......:#

Honestly I think the Vikings have been playing these last three games, in which the opponents were really inferior, very conservatively on offense.  Let the defense dominate and the offense play off of that.  Usually teams really focus on the last three or four games in order to gameplan.  The Vikings are laying in the weeds and may come out of the BYE guns blazing.