Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Vikings QB coach Stefanski nearing a coordinator job?
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Sparano is right there on the staff if they want a retread. Not all retreads are good. 
Wasn't suggesting that in the least bit. Sparano really struggled as an OC and is better sticking in his current role. What I ultimately am getting at is bringing in a play caller would be beneficial for everyone. Even if Stefanski were to be promoted to OC it doesn't mean you couldn't bring in another retread as a passing game coordinator. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I wouldn't be so quick to write Stefanski in for the position. Based on the success of Shurmur/Edwards a re-tread head coach or current OC could easily end up in the role. I am not convinced that Darrell Bevell would be prevented from leaving Seattle, and Jim Caldwell could end up settling for an OC job. 
I would not mind Bevell back here with the right qb to pair him with. 
Uggh.  Should talk to Seattle fans about their thoughts on Bevell.

Quote: @greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I wouldn't be so quick to write Stefanski in for the position. Based on the success of Shurmur/Edwards a re-tread head coach or current OC could easily end up in the role. I am not convinced that Darrell Bevell would be prevented from leaving Seattle, and Jim Caldwell could end up settling for an OC job. 
I would not mind Bevell back here with the right qb to pair him with. 
Uggh.  Should talk to Seattle fans about their thoughts on Bevell.
I don't love him, but the O-line personnel has really sunk him the past two years. Over the years he's put together a good passing wherever he's been. When given the right personnel he's put together a good running game. So if you want to start isolating things, he can scheme you a passing game but you better have a decent O-line and back if you want any balance. With Cook in the backfield and the refurbished O-line, you could do worse.