Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walsh is nothing if not consistent
Here you go. And check out Pistol Pete after the miss. In case you don't read lips, he says, "Unbelievable."
https://mobile.twitter.com/gifdsports/st...28/video/1

Why we kept him around to help ruin 2016 after that Seattle miss is beyond me.   The front office even doubled down with an extension.   Hopefully Spielman finally learned a lesson about hanging on to turds.

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
This season has been one of a kind
So many amazing stories, players, plays, records & memories
On top of the Vikings run, so many other little gifts overshadowed 
The Packers, Cowboys, Seahawks & others floundering
& speaking of which

Just thinking about Walsh taunting our entire team...
 as he just missed his last FG of 2017, securing another last second loss

Yet another gift hidden way back under the tree
the disposing of more demons
I called it.  Told my boys when Seattle started driving, "Walsh misses the game winner!"

But he wasn't really that consistent, he missed this on wide right.

Quote: @comet52 said:
Why we kept him around to help ruin 2016 after that Seattle miss is beyond me.   The front office even doubled down with an extension.   Hopefully Spielman finally learned a lesson about hanging on to turds.
They extended him before the Seattle miss, not after it.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Maple Surple said:
This season has been one of a kind
So many amazing stories, players, plays, records & memories
On top of the Vikings run, so many other little gifts overshadowed 
The Packers, Cowboys, Seahawks & others floundering
& speaking of which

Just thinking about Walsh taunting our entire team...
 as he just missed his last FG of 2017, securing another last second loss

Yet another gift hidden way back under the tree
the disposing of more demons
I called it.  Told my boys when Seattle started driving, "Walsh misses the game winner!"

But he wasn't really that consistent, he missed this on wide right.
I did too.  A co-worker is an Arizona fan and when the Seahawks were driving I said, Don’t worry they have Blair Walsh, he’ll miss.

When he did my co-worker looked at me with a look of, How the fuck did you know he’d miss?

It's a shame that miss didn't cost them a playoff spot....that would have been fitting.

Quote: @OBM said:
It's a shame that miss didn't cost them a playoff spot....that would have been fitting.
I think it was fitting enough.  They probably knew they were out, but trying to win anyway.  Walsh gets to sit another offseason thinking about a miss.

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
@dadevike said:
I jumped around between the Saints game, Carolina, Seattle, and the Rams. I saw Walsh hit a 49 yard FG. But I did not see the end of the Seattle game - it didn't matter once Atlanta beat Carolina.  (I love that the Rams' effort to avoid the Vikings failed.) 

Did Walsh really miss a game winner? That would be a nice way to end 2017.
He did, he pushed a 48 yarder wide left.  Walsh is actually a very nice guy, and his comments about Minnesota were infortunate.  That said, he was 74% in FGs this year, and in this day of the NFL, that is an awful season.  Suspect he will get competition for the job in Seattle next year, and with Pete Carrol trying to bounce back from his first non-playoff season since 2011, he will do not favors by keeping Walsh if he can't be consistent.
Think it was wide right.

Still remember Blair Walsh's draft profile including warnings about kicking in clutch situations. Tremendous leg, mostly consistent, but there were questions about his head. Man, did that ever prove right.