Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walsh is nothing if not consistent
This season has been one of a kind
So many amazing stories, players, plays, records & memories
On top of the Vikings run, so many other little gifts overshadowed 
The Packers, Cowboys, Seahawks & others floundering
& speaking of which

Just thinking about Walsh taunting our entire team...
 as he just missed his last FG of 2017, securing another last second loss

Yet another gift hidden way back under the tree
the disposing of more demons

[Image: r5cn1pmufpck.png]

I jumped around between the Saints game, Carolina, Seattle, and the Rams. I saw Walsh hit a 49 yard FG. But I did not see the end of the Seattle game - it didn't matter once Atlanta beat Carolina.  (I love that the Rams' effort to avoid the Vikings failed.) 

Did Walsh really miss a game winner? That would be a nice way to end 2017.

Quote: @dadevike said:
I jumped around between the Saints game, Carolina, Seattle, and the Rams. I saw Walsh hit a 49 yard FG. But I did not see the end of the Seattle game - it didn't matter once Atlanta beat Carolina.  (I love that the Rams' effort to avoid the Vikings failed.) 

He did, he pushed a 48 yarder wide left.  Walsh is actually a very nice guy, and his comments about Minnesota were infortunate.  That said, he was 74% in FGs this year, and in this day of the NFL, that is an awful season.  Suspect he will get competition for the job in Seattle next year, and with Pete Carrol trying to bounce back from his first non-playoff season since 2011, he will do not favors by keeping Walsh if he can't be consistent.

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
@dadevike said:

He did, he pushed a 48 yarder wide left.  Walsh is actually a very nice guy, and his comments about Minnesota were infortunate.  That said, he was 74% in FGs this year, and in this day of the NFL, that is an awful season.  Suspect he will get competition for the job in Seattle next year, and with Pete Carrol trying to bounce back from his first non-playoff season since 2011, he will do not favors by keeping Walsh if he can't be consistent.
You know more than the majority here (myself included) but I can't imagine him not being immediately cut and never playing in the NFL again.

I honestly don't dislike the guy even in the least. Everybody that piles on him, it's like they're under this assumption that he tried to fuck us over. He just sucks, feels bad, and out of embarrassment doesn't handle some things well. 

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
@dadevike said:

I liked Walsh, I think he is a good guy. Doesn’t make me miss him though.
I wish he would have been able to get his head on straight and be our kicker for a long time.
Didn’t work out that way, and since he was kicking for Pete Carrol, I hoped he’d miss every crucial kick. I may have git my wish.

Love seeing Seattle lose, especially like that.  Reminds me how we lost to them a few years ago.

He was given numerous chances after he choked against Seattle. He let us down time after time. When you do that, you should expect to be cut. He should have thanked the Vikings for all the chances he got after his numerous failures. Instead, he jojns Seattle (whatever) then takes a shot at the Vikings for cutting him. That's not unfortunate. That's being an ass. I don't feel bad for him. I'm glad he missed a game winner and glad Seattle is not in the playoffs. Screw 'em.

Blair is a good person.....he just has the yips. Tough deal for him. 

He is getting the kind of reputation he doesn't want now. It's in his head in a big way.